Want to schedule an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, click here.
Or you can get help from Tutor.com:
Purpose of the KC Writing Studios:
The purpose of the KC Writing Studios is to support writers in any discipline and at any stage of the writing process, thereby increasing students’ abilities to achieve their academic goals.
To advance this goal, the Writing Studios' professional tutors share a commitment to the following:
- Emphasizing writing as a process involving prewriting, developing and supporting a thesis, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Allowing exercise of writing skills in a supportive environment.
- Providing constructive feedback.
- Empowering writers and decreasing writing anxiety.
- Creating better writers, not just better papers.
- Equipping writers with skills that nurture effective written communication both within and beyond the walls of the Writing Studio.
NOTE: During the 2022-2023 school year, the following classes are allowed to utilize the Writing Studio services: ECON, EDUC, ENGL, GEOG, GOVT, HIST, PHIL, PSYC, SOC & TECA.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT QUALIFY TO USE THE WRITING STUDIO may utilize Tutor.com (follow instructions above), the tutoring services at The Zone in Kilgore, and the North Zone in Longview (Longview Hendrix).