Close this search box.


University Transfer

Start at KC

We’ll prepare you well! Reports from universities across the state acknowledge that students who began their studies at a community college perform at the same level or above those students who attended the university all four years. Students who begin at Kilgore will save money. A lot of money.   With tuition/fee rates that are less half of four-year public universities, starting at KC can translate into thousands of dollars of savings.

Live at home or have an on-campus living experience

You can live at home and save even more money, or stay on campus and experience all the fun of campus life. KC has more than 400 on-campus residential students.  We offer a wide variety of housing from traditional college dorm rooms to on-campus apartment-type rooms. KC has an exciting atmosphere you would expect to find only at a university.

Small class sizes and transfer degree plan

Our small class sizes (Average class size is just 25 students) and caring, qualified faculty mean that you’ll never be lost in the crowd.  Our concern is you, the student.  Our academic advisors will help prepare a customized transfer degree plan created just for you. Why settle for just a bachelor’s degree when you can also have an associate’s degree too. It’ll make you more marketable to employers.

Take the next step

Kilgore College has an outstanding reputation for providing excellent education to students who are eager to start their college career. By choosing KC, students can experience a wide range of programs and resources that will help them achieve their academic and personal goals. With a commitment to excellence and a supportive learning community, KC is the perfect place to kickstart your educational journey.

We invite you to take a closer look and see for yourself why KC is such a great choice for students who are ready to take the next step in their academic careers. Our team in the Office of Admissions and Registrar is available to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about your future. Whether you prefer to call us at (903) 983-8134 or send us an email at, we are always here to help. So why not reach out today and see where KC can take you?

Articulation Agreement List - Colleges and Universities

An articulation agreement means that classes you take at one school will count when you transfer to another school. It’s like a promise between two schools to accept the credits you’ve earned toward your degree.

The State of Texas does not provide funds to state institutions of higher education for excess semester credit hours attempted by a resident undergraduate student. The non-resident tuition rate will be charged beginning with the term after the student reaches the maximum number of credit hours attempted in excess of the degree requirement.

Excess credit hours are those hours attempted by a resident undergraduate student that exceed by more than 30 hours the number of hours required for completion of the bachelor degree program in which the student is enrolled. If the baccalaureate degree the student is pursuing requires 120 hours, the student must achieve that degree by the time he/she has completed 150 hours of credit. For purposes of excess hours, a resident undergraduate student includes a non-resident student who is permitted to pay resident tuition.
The semester credit hours counted toward the limitation include all hours attempted except:

  • Semester credit hours earned by the student before receiving a baccalaureate degree that has been previously awarded.
  • Semester credit hours earned by the student by examination or other procedure by which credit is earned without registering for a course for which tuition is charged.
  • Credit for remedial education courses, technical courses, and workforce education courses funded according to contact hours, or other courses that would not generate academic credit that could be applied toward a degree program at the Texas State University.
  • Semester credit hours earned by the student at a private or an out-of-state institution.
  • Semester credit hours earned by the student before graduating from high school and used to satisfy high school graduation requirements (i.e., dual credit courses). (Effective Fall 2009)

Hours earned through examination without registering for a course are always excluded from the maximum number of hours allowed at the resident rate. Additionally, effective Fall 2009, dual credit hours are excluded from the maximum number of hours allowed at the resident rate.

For more information