Admissions FAQ

Yes, KC offers a wide variety of online courses! Take a quiz to find out if you are ready for online courses at KC.

You can find out which classes are fully online by doing a Course Search:

  • Go to the Kilgore College home page, www.kilgore.edu.
  • Scroll down to “Quick Links” on the left side of the page and click on the “Courses Search” link.
  • In the new window, choose the “Term” you want to search within, and input any other information about the class you’re searching for.
  • Select “Online” as the “Campus” as shown below. Then click “Search.”

For more detailed information about skills or technical requirements, check out our eLearning page. For specific information about online programs or degrees, contact the Counseling and Academic Advising Office.

Yes! Kilgore College understands the variety of responsibilities and stresses that students may face and the reality of food insecurity for some of our students. The KC Student Food Pantry stocks nonperishable food items and some personal hygiene items for commuter students in need. (Those who live in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan from KC Dining Services.)

Kilgore College has two food pantries. The Kilgore location is in the Devall Student Center. For assistance, talk to a representative located at the Visitor Center.  It is open Monday-Friday during regular college business hours (during long semesters when school is in session). To qualify, requestors must be currently enrolled at KC and a commuter student.

On the Longview campus, students need to go to the front office in the Hendrix Building for information about accessing the food pantry.

For other basic needs, please contact the Instructional Student Support office. This office can advise students on what resources may be available for assistance with child care, books, housing, financial issues and more.

Did you know that KC has a full-service salon in Longview that offers haircuts, coloring services, facials, manicures, pedicures and more to the public? KC students can get a discount! Call for details: (903) 753-7730.

Current students contact your advisor, new students go to admissions page. Academic Advising New Students

The Zone Tutoring Lab in Kilgore and the Longview North Zone Tutoring Lab offer FREE computer-use services to all KC students! Visit the Tutoring Services page for additional information.

An open computer lab is also housed at KC-Longview in the Hendrix Building.

Other computer labs may be available for use depending on the academic major and/or course enrollment.

Parks Fitness Center (PFC) at Kilgore College is a full-service workout and fitness facility on the campus in Kilgore. All full-time enrolled KC students can use this facility upon presentation of their KC student ID card (Ranger Card).

A nurse is also available for students in the Parks Fitness Center during limited hours. Student health services are available at no cost. For emergency first aid, an athletic trainer is also available in the Parks Fitness Center.