We want to keep you mentally healthy.

Counseling information:

Counselors provide a variety of services such as short-term mental health counseling. Consultation is available on a walk-in basis most of the year; however, appointments are suggested. Counseling/advising centers are located on the second floor of the Devall Student Center in Kilgore and in the Hendrix building at KC-Longview. For academic advising, click here.

Students with disabilities:

Students who have disabilities, are academically or economically disadvantaged, are majoring in nontraditional programs for their gender, or have English as a second language are considered Special Populations.  They should see Hollyann Davis, the Special Populations Counselor, for more information. Her office is on the second floor of the Devall Student Center.  Call her administrative assistant at (903) 983-8206 or e-mail her for more information.  Visit the Special Populations webpage.

Mental health counseling:

Kilgore College has licensed professional counselors available in the Devall Student Center, Kilgore, and the KC-Longview Hendrix building, Longview. These individuals are available for students needing needing brief, solution-focused counseling.

There are also community agencies that serve mental health and intellectual disabilities in the East Texas area.

Mental health resources during the COVID-19 pandemic:

The outbreak of COVID-19 may be stressful for people and communities. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. This is normal! Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. 

If you or someone you know needs to talk with someone, here are some helpful resources:

  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
  • Crisis Text Line - Text HOME to 741741
  • Crisis Text Line - Special keyword for students of color - Text STEVE to 741741
  • COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line:  833-251-7544  **(If you are experiencing stress/anxiety related to current stateof emergency)
  • National Parent Helpline at: 1-855-427-2736

Below is a list of articles and websites with helpful information on how to navigate these unprecedented and stressful times:


Disability Services for KC Students

The college provides services to students with documented disabilities. For information, visit the Disability Disability Services webpage.

For information about Counseling:

Melissa Dobbs
Coordinator of Counseling & Accommodations
(903) 236-2033
KC-Longview Hendrix Bldg. (LVHDX), 100
Hollyann Davis
Coord. of Disability Services
Special Populations
(903) 983-8682
Devall Student Center (DEVAL), 2nd Floor