Mental health counseling:
Kilgore College has licensed counselors available for currently enrolled students needing brief, solution-focused counseling. Offices are located on the second floor of the Devall Student Center in Kilgore and by appointment in the Hendrix building at KC-Longview.
There are also community agencies that serve both short and longer-term mental health needs. These agencies serve individuals by county of residence.
For students residing in Bowie, Cass, Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Panola, Red River, Rusk and Upshur counties, the agency to contact is:
107 Woodbine Place
Longview, TX 75601
Crisis Phone: (800) 832-1009
Main Phone: (903) 758-2471
For students residing in Henderson, Rains, Smith, Van Zandt and Wood counties, the agency to contact is:
Andrews Center Behavioral Healthcare System
2323 West Front St.
Tyler, TX 75702-7747
Crisis Phone: (877) 934-2131
Main Phone: (903) 597-1351
If you or someone you know needs to talk with someone, here are some helpful resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Call or text 988
- Crisis Text Line - Special keyword for students of color - Text STEVE to 741741
- National Parent Helpline at: 1-855-427-2736
Online Resources regarding mental health/wellness issues:
- Student Health Wellness Guide
- Five Tips for Dealing with Anxiety in College
- Depression in College Students
- Best Five Anger Management Strategies for College Students
Food (and more!) Pantry:
- In Kilgore, stop by the Visitor Center in the Devall Student Center, or contact Amy Reed at (903) 983-8209.
- In Longview, stop by the Cashier’s Office in the Longview Hendrix Building, or call (903) 753-2642.
- For information regarding the Student Emergency fund, click here.
Liaison for students who are, or were in foster care:
- Contact Melissa Dobbs at (903) 983-8203 or email her.