About The Zone:
The Zone in Kilgore is open to KC students for free computer use, free printing, ProctorU testing and tutoring. It is recommend to schedule appointments for online tutoring. In-person tutoring is available if needed. Tutors are available for Math, Science, Reading, English, Social Studies, Speech and most Core Curriculum courses.
Call (903) 988-7491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an online tutoring session.
Student Support Building, Room 119, on the Kilgore campus
December 2020 Hours:
We will be open for December Mini (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays-Thursdays from Dec. 14-31).
Tutors and IT Help Desk personnel will be available in the Student Support Building (SS104) computer lab to help by phone, online (Zoom) and/or in-person.
The Zone will be closed on Christmas Day.
Hours for Summer:
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays (by request)
Hours for Fall/Spring:
- Sunday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.*
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.*
*Subject to change due to holiday closings
Online Tutoring for Distance Ed:
Online tutoring is available for all distance education students who may not be able to access on-campus tutoring services. You will need to call (903) 988-7491 or email TheZone@kilgore.edu for an appointment and instructions on how to access your online session.
How to Contact Us:
- Email a question to a tutor at TheZone@kilgore.edu and receive a response within 24 hours between Monday and Friday
- Call (903) 988-7491 to speak directly with a tutor or leave a message, and a tutor will return your call within 24 hours between Monday and Friday.
- Set up an online tutoring appointment by emailing or calling us.
The Zone Evaluations:
Each time you are tutored in The Zone, please complete the following “Tutor Evaluation.”
Tutor Evaluation: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZoneTutoringEvaluation
For more information:
Please come by Student Support Building, Room 119, or call (903) 988-7491.