About on-campus housing at KC:
Kilgore College offers campus housing to expand their horizons and broaden perspectives. You will find fun activities and make friends that last a lifetime at Kilgore College. Our Campus Life program offers learning outside of the classroom that will teach you more about yourself and others. Come make memories with us!
How do I apply for housing at KC?
To apply for housing, you must first be admitted to KC. After being admitted to the college, please fill out the online KC Housing Application located in your AccessKC account under Academics > Housing > KC Housing Application. Please make sure to log in using your student credentials.
The Fall 2020 application period will be posted here as soon as it is scheduled.
Applications will not be considered complete unless they are accompanied with a:
- Copy of your driver's license or state-issued ID
- Record of a bacterial meningitis vaccination
NOTE: Students will not be assigned a room unless they are enrolled in classes.
Background Check required:
Effective Dec. 1, 2019, KC has partnered with Quick Search, a trusted company that provides background services. You must have a cleared background check before the KC Office of Campus Life will consider you for assignment. The link for completing your background check is included in the housing application, which can be found using the above path
The cost associated with this service is $28.50. Please provide a credit or debit card number within the system for payment. Should you experience trouble while completing the process, please call (903) 983-8191 for assistance.
How do I contact my roommate?
Log in to your student email and start typing your roommate's name. Their email will automatically appear. We recommend using email until you are comfortable sharing your cell phone number.
Kilgore College does not own, operate, maintain nor specifically endorse any off-campus housing properties. Students are encouraged to do due diligence when considering off campus apartments, dorms or other rental properties.
Information on returning to housing for Fall 2020 (COVID-19) Update:
Below is Kilgore College’s plan for residential move-in and dealing with COVID-19. Please understand that this plan, or portions of it, may change as the COVID-19 situation changes. Updates will be posted here if needed. It is recommended that you check this page often to see if the plan has been amended. If you need further information or have questions, please contact the Office of Campus Life at (903) 983-8191.
June 5-6, 2020 – Summer 2
- Cruce Stark, Nolen Hall and Quadrangle open to Athletes
- Please contact recruiting coach for details on move-in dates and times.
Aug. 24 to Dec. 10, 2020 – Fall 2020
Residence Halls open to all students at a reduced capacity.
- Gussie Nell Davis Rangerette Residence opens to current Rangerettes.
- Nolen Annex opens to female students.
- Stark Hall 7th and 8th floors will open to the Red Shirt Football program.
- Quads, buildings 1-6, open to male students.
- Aug. 21: Early arrivals by appointment only (limited space available)
- Aug. 22: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Aug. 23: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Aug. 24: Late arrivals by appointment only (limited space available)
- Register for classes.
- As a final step in the approval process, you will receive an email from the Office of Campus Life with a “self-report” form, a sign-up sheet for move-in, a packing list and a link to the Campus Life Handbook. If you feel you should have received an email and have not, please contact the Office of Campus Life at (903) 983-8191.
- You will need to call the cashier’s office to have your financial statement reviewed. After you have grants, loans, scholarships, and a payment plan or have paid in-full, you will be cleared to move in. You can contact the cashier’s office at (903) 983-8108 to complete this by phone or email.
- You are required to wear a face covering while in common spaces in all residence halls. You will need to provide your own face coverings.
- Bring your check-in slip to the Game Room, located in the Devall Student Center, for next steps and to sign paperwork.
- Campus Life staff will check temperatures for all students in all Kilgore College Residence halls twice daily.
Community restrooms and public spaces in the residence halls will be provided with disinfectant cleaner labeled with instructions (MSDS will be available at the front desk).
- Students at Gussie Nell Davis Rangerette Residence, Nolen and Quads must bring their own disinfectant cleaners.
- Continue to wear your face coverings in common areas. Set the example for the rest of campus.
- There will be no visitation during the Summer 2 and Fall 2020 semesters. We will continue to monitor the pandemic and provide updates when available.
Room checks will be done virtually this year, be prepared for Zoom meetings with your RA and Campus Life Specialist.