About on-campus housing at KC:
Kilgore College offers campus housing to expand their horizons and broaden perspectives. You will find fun activities and make friends that last a lifetime at Kilgore College. Our Campus Life program offers learning outside of the classroom that will teach you more about yourself and others. Come make memories with us!
How do I apply for housing at KC?
The Fall 2020 application deadline was Aug. 14.
What if I missed the Aug. 14 housing deadline?
- We recommend attending your classes through Collaborate for the first week.
- We process no-show drops on the first day of class at Noon. At that time, the housing application will reopen. You will need to wait for your background check to come back, typically within 24-48 hours.
- We can pro-rate your charges for the week that you did not live here.
- We will work with you to get you scheduled for a move-in time that works for you (sometime during the weekend of Aug. 28-30.
Background Check required:
Effective Dec. 1, 2019, KC has partnered with Quick Search, a trusted company that provides background services. You must have a cleared background check before the KC Office of Campus Life will consider you for assignment. The link for completing your background check is included in the housing application, which can be found using the above path
The cost associated with this service is $28.50. Please provide a credit or debit card number within the system for payment. Should you experience trouble while completing the process, please call (903) 983-8191 for assistance.
How do I contact my roommate?
Log in to your student email and start typing your roommate's name. Their email will automatically appear. We recommend using email until you are comfortable sharing your cell phone number.
Kilgore College does not own, operate, maintain nor specifically endorse any off-campus housing properties. Students are encouraged to do due diligence when considering off campus apartments, dorms or other rental properties.
Information on returning to housing for Fall 2020 (COVID-19) Update:
Below is Kilgore College’s plan for residential move-in and dealing with COVID-19. Please understand that this plan, or portions of it, may change as the COVID-19 situation changes. Updates will be posted here if needed. It is recommended that you check this page often to see if the plan has been amended. If you need further information or have questions, please contact the Office of Campus Life at (903) 983-8191.
Fall 2020 move-in information:
Residence Halls open to all students at a reduced capacity.
- Gussie Nell Davis Rangerette Residence opens to current Rangerettes.
- Nolen Annex opens to female students.
- Stark Hall 7th and 8th floors will open to the Red Shirt Football program.
- Quads, buildings 1-6, open to male students.
Housing students have received check-in dates and times through their student email and their personal email on record.
Check-in will be by appointment only from August 18-23, 2020.
- Register for classes.
- As a final step in the approval process, you will receive an email from the Office of Campus Life with a “self-report” form, a sign-up sheet for move-in, a packing list and a link to the Campus Life Handbook. If you feel you should have received an email and have not, please contact the Office of Campus Life at (903) 983-8191.
- You will need to call the cashier’s office to have your financial statement reviewed. After you have grants, loans, scholarships, and a payment plan or have paid in-full, you will be cleared to move in. You can contact the cashier’s office at (903) 983-8108 to complete this by phone or email.
- View packing list to find out what is allowed in the residential halls and/or what is recommended to bring.
- You are required to wear a face covering while in common spaces in all residence halls. You will need to provide your own face coverings.
- Bring your check-in slip to the Game Room, located in the Devall Student Center, for next steps and to sign paperwork.
- Campus Life staff checks temperatures for all students in all Kilgore College residence halls twice daily.
- Community restrooms and public spaces in the residence halls have been provided with disinfectant cleaner labeled with instructions.
- Students in residence halls with private and semi-private baths have been instructed to bring their own disinfectant cleaners.
- Residential students are required to wear face coverings in common areas.
- There is no visitation in the residence halls for the fall semester.