Registration Guide




I am thrilled with your decision to attend KC. We know that you have many options available when it comes to pursuing your educational goals and dreams. Kilgore College faculty and staff do not take your trust in us lightly and we strive to provide you with quality learning experiences, support services, and optimal student activities.

There is something for everyone at Kilgore College. Whether you are seeking an Associate of Art or Science degree to transfer to a four-year college or university, or you want to obtain an Associate of Applied Science degree to enter a career field with cutting edge technology, Kilgore College is the place for you.

If I could offer just one piece of advice... I encourage you to ask questions and seek assistance from faculty and staff. Every person on this campus stands ready to help you successfully navigate the college experience.

Warm wishes for an abundance of personal and professional success.

Dr. Brenda S. Kays
President, Kilgore College


First Time in College/Transfer Students/Returning Students (not enrolled since Fall of 2022):

Submit an application by clicking here. This will take you to the Apply Texas site which KC uses for applications. If you do not have an Apply Texas account, click on "Create Account" under “First Time Here.” Fill out the application and designate KC as your school of choice.

Pre-Registration Checklist:

  • State-mandated testing is required prior to registration unless documentation of exemption is on file. See the testing section for more information.
  • Official transcripts should be on file prior to registration. All transcripts must be received within the first two weeks of the semester to avoid future registration holds.
  • Transcripts should be sent from institution to institution. Hand-carried transcripts may be considered for acceptance if in a sealed high school/college letterhead envelope and are no older than six months.
  • Check the status of your tuition classification, test scores and transcripts through AccessKC. Once logged in, choose “Students,”  “Application Status,” then “View Admissions Status.”
  • Get your Bacterial Meningitis vaccination. Texas state law requires new and former students at all public and private colleges and universities under the age of 22 to receive a Bacterial Meningitis vaccination. Students must provide documentation of receiving the shot within the last five years—10 days prior to registering for classes.

Registration Steps:

General Registration Steps:

  • If there are no developmental requirements, register online through AccessKC or schedule an appointment with Academic Advising. Click on the link to schedule an appointment. For more information call (903) 983-8206 for the Kilgore campus, or (903) 753-2642 for the KC-Longview campus.
  • If there are developmental requirements, make an appointment for early registration with Academic Advising or faculty advisor in Kilgore or KC-Longview (if taking courses in Longview).
  • Faculty advisors are available by appointment. Please contact your advisor for an appointment as soon as possible.

New Students:

  • Make an appointment for registration with Academic Advising in Kilgore or KC-Longview (if taking a course in Longview).
  • First-time-in-college students and those transferring are required to attend New Student Orientation.

Current/Returning/Transfer Students:

  • Follow general registration steps.
  • Transcripts originally required for admission that have not been furnished, and any financial obligation to the college, will block registration.

Dual Credit Students:

  • See your high school counselor for forms and information.
  • All registration is completed through the Office of the Registrar in Kilgore or KC-Longview.
  • For more information, visit

Final Registration:

  • Final Registration for Fall 1 and Fall 16-Week Terms will be held Tuesday, Aug. 22, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Devall Student Center on the Kilgore campus and at KC-Longview Hendrix Building.

Back to Table of Contents


Visit Available Courses Search.

Use the drop-down boxes to search by Term, Department, Course Number, Range and other variables.

Once selected, press “Search” at the bottom.

The listing of available courses for the timeframe/term that you chose should appear. 

PLEASE NOTE: Kilgore College reserves the right to change instructors, room locations, cancel classes or make other changes to the class schedule at any time as deemed necessary by the administration and/or instructional area.

Back to Table of Contents



Kilgore College’s online student services system is called AccessKC. Services include Registration, Payment, Account Status, Class Schedules, Course Availability, Degree Audit, Demographic Information, Financial Aid, Grade Report, PIN Maintenance and Unofficial Transcripts.

All KC students may access AccessKC, but registration is only available if you are a returning or transfer student who has no developmental requirements. First-time college students, dual credit students and students with developmental requirements are not allowed to register through AccessKC.

1. Visit AccessKC by clicking here.

A link is also located on the home page under the "Quick Links" section (shown below).

2. Log into AccessKC using your student ID, KC username, and password. 

If you need instructions on how to activate or log in to your email account, click here.

3. Once logged in, choose the “Academics” menu at the top.

4. Click the "Student Information" link on the left.

5. Use the Add/Drop Courses form to search for the class you wish to register.

6. Check the box (shown below) in the add column for each course you want to register and then click the “Add Courses” button at the bottom of the page.

Back to Table of Contents


Students should follow these steps to locate, enroll and get started in eLearning courses:

1. Check your Skills:

2. Find eLearning Classes:

Search for available courses by clicking here.

  • Traditional Classes: The first course in the example below is a traditional, classroom-based course. The section number (the last three digits in the course code) are all numbers.
  • Hybrid Classes: The second course shown has an “H” in the section number identifying it as a hybrid class – it meets in the classroom at the times listed and also requires work to be completed online.
  • Online Classes: The last example lists “Online, Internet” in the schedule, meaning that it is an online class (but will still require some proctored testing).
  • Remote Classes: These classes will meet live (synchronously) only through Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate during the specific days/times. Students must have a webcam, microphone and stable internet connection. 
  • Hyflex Classes: These classes will meet on campus OR live (synchronously) through Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate during the specified days/times.  For synchronous attendance, students must have a webcam, microphone and stable internet connection. In some classes, students have the flexibility to complete coursework outside of normal class time (asynchronously), typically via Blackboard.  Students should communicate with their instructors regrading any of the attendance options.  Has an "X" in the section number of the course code (the last four characters in the course number).

3. Check your Resources:

  • Computer Requirements: Students taking online or hybrid courses must have access to a well-running, virus-free, hi-speed internet-connected computer.
  • Software/On-Site Requirements: Some courses may have special software requirements and on-site requirements. Be sure to check the course listings for these requirements before registering.
  • Monitoring/Proctoring Requirements: All eLearning courses require some monitored/proctored activities (see #8 below).

4. Register for Classes:

  • Follow the same procedures for enrolling in Kilgore College eLearning courses as you do for traditional courses.

5. Get Started:

  • You should log on as soon as the class starts.
  • You cannot log on before the class starts.
  • The eLearning course website is
  • Your Blackboard user ID is the first four letters of your last name + the first four letters of your first name + the last four numbers of your student ID (Example: lastfirs1234).
  • Your Blackboard password is “Student” with a capital “S” plus your two-digit month and two-digit day of birth (Example: Student0109).

6. Get Oriented:

Complete the orientation course listed in the “My Courses” area of Blackboard.

7. Get Help if Needed:

  • If you are having problems that cannot be resolved with your instructor: Contact the eLearning help desk via email at or by phone at (903) 988-3701.
  • Regular Help Desk Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to Midnight & Friday 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.;; Sunday 5 p.m.; to Midnight

8. Take the Tests:

  • All eLearning courses require some monitored/ proctored activities. For testing, students may use the KC Testing Center.
  • Students desiring to test at other locations must receive prior approval from their instructor.
  • Some instructors use the online test proctoring service Proctor U. Students can use either of these testing options at no additional charge.

Back to Table of Contents

Services Provided by TRiO:

  • Individualized academic advising, personal, career, and transfer counseling
  • Tutor and Computer lab designated for TRiO students with free printing
  • Four-year college campus visits and cultural enrichment activities
  • Textbook Donation Drive and Lending Services for participants
  • Workshops to support successful students
  • Assistance with completing FAFSA and scholarship applications

For more information on TRIO: Contact Bindy Tice, director, at (903) 988-7590, by email at, or visit Room 123 in the Student Support Bulding.

To apply for TRIO services: visit

Back to Table of Contents

TRIO Educational Opportunity Centers:

Kilgore College’s TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a one-stop shop resource center that provides FREE services to high school graduates, college students needing financial aid assistance or adults planning to enroll in college or vocational school.

The EOC staff will provide students with assistance in the following areas:

  • Applying to College/Vocational School
  • Applying for College Application Fee Waivers
  • Completing the Financial Aid Applications (FAFSA)
  • Assisting with Scholarship Searches
  • Assisting with enrolling and taking College Placement Exams
  • Understanding and correcting Student Loan Default
  • Assistance or Referrals with applying for Adult Education (GED)

Click here to learn more about the EOC.

Back to Table of Contents

Students who are eligible for either Veteran’s Education or Hazlewood Benefits, will start the process with the Veterans Certifying Officer in the Office of Financial Aid.

Depending on the program, you will still need to complete the Admissions process.

Once you are accepted for admissions, an advisior will enroll you in the course(s) which will satisfy your specific degree requirements.

For additional information, please visit the VA Education Benefits webpage.

Back to Table of Contents


  • Registration is not complete until payment is received or financial aid is applied.
  • Registration is not complete until full payment is received, a payment plan is in place, or financial aid is applied that covers the full balance.
  • Payment for classes added to an already existing schedule is due at the time the course is added.
  • A student may pay by cash, check or money order payable to Kilgore College.
  • Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit/debit card payments are accepted.
  • The college will accept checks for the amount of transaction ONLY and will not accept two-party checks, payroll checks or postdated checks.
  • For more information: Visit Payment Options.

Making a Payment:

Payments on student accounts can be made online using Pay Now or by setting up a College Green payment plan.

1. Visit AccessKC.

2. Log into AccessKC using your student ID KC username and password.

  • On the AccessKC webpage, start by entering your KC student ID number in the box labeled “username” and press “enter.”
  • The Digital Identity Solutions Welcome page will open.
  • Enter your KC student email and password you just created.
  • You will be asked where you would like a one-time passcode sent.
  • Once received, enter the passcode and submit.
  • You then have the option of saving the device you are currently using for future use.

3. Once logged in, click the blue "Pay my Bill" button.

4. Read the directions on the left side of the page and complete the steps on the right side of the page to pay or set up a payment plan. 

Back to Table of Contents

Tuition & Fees:

Visit the Tuition and Fees webpage for more information.

Residency Status Policy:

Residency Status:

The college will require the student to sign an oath of residency as part of the admission process. It is the student’s responsibility to use the proper residence classification. If there is any question as to right of classification as a resident of Texas or the Kilgore College District, it is the student’s obligation, prior to or at the time of registration to raise the question with appropriate administrative officials of the college. The student should report any change in residency status to the Office of Admissions and Registrar before registration. Likewise, a student classified as a non-resident will remain in that status until the student has requested reclassification and the Office of Admissions and Registrar has officially approved the request. If inaccurate or fraudulent information is provided by the student to document residency status, the student will be held liable for repayment of any tuition/fees that were under-charged as a result of that information. Reclassification requests must be initiated by the student. Residency status changes are not made automatically.

For reclassification to be effective for a specific semester, the request for reclassification and any documentation must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Registrar on or before the official reporting date (ORD) of the semester. The ORD may be found in the college academic calendar or by calling the Office of Admissions and Registrar at (903) 983-8606.

Documentation of Basis for Texas Residency Status:

Classification as a Texas resident requires that the student substantiate residence in Texas for the immediate twelve months preceding registration. Factors other than time in the state may affect residency classification. For example, the legal home address of a student who is dependent for income tax purposes is the address of the parent/guardian claiming the student.

Also, students who come to Texas for the purpose of education are ineligible to claim Texas residency for tuition purposes. A complete evaluation of individual circumstances is provided at the time of application for admission. Additional information is available from the Office of Admissions and Registrar.

Documentation of Basis for In-District Residency Status:

All Texas residents are classified as out-of-district until sufficient information is on file to verify in-district residency. The legal home address of a student who is dependent for income tax purposes is the address of the parent/guardian claiming the student. Exceptions may be made in cases in which a parent/guardian who does not claim the student lives in-district. Documents acceptable for verifying in-district residency may include, but are not limited to, a permanent Texas driver’s license, a property tax receipt, a lease agreement and a utility bill. To be considered for in-district status, you must be a resident of the State of Texas domiciled within the Kilgore College District composed of the school districts of Kilgore, Sabine, Gladewater, White Oak, Leverett’s Chapel, Overton and West Rusk County Consolidated.

Waiver for Property Ownership:

The Board of Trustees has waived the difference between outof district resident rates and in-district rates for a person and his or her dependents who own residential real estate in the Kilgore College District. Additional information for required documentation is available from the Office of Admissions and Registrar.

Repeat Fee – Third Attempt or More of a Course:

There is a $75 per semester credit hour charge for those hours attempted for the third or more time. The charge will appear on the student’s statement as “Repeat 3 Charge.” A three hour class being attempted for the third time or more will cost an extra $225. Excessive Developmental Hour Fees for 18+ Hours ($75 per semester credit hour) charge will be assessed for developmental hours taken in excess of 18 hours. The charge will appear on the student’s statement as “Excess Develop Charge.” When a student registers for the 19th hour of developmental classes, it will cost an additional $75 per developmental hour.

Course Drop Limits:

Students entering college for the first time in Fall 2007 or after are subject to Senate Bill 1231 passed by the Texas Legislature in May 2007. This law limits students to a total of six drops in their entire college career in Texas public institutions, unless the courses were dropped in order to withdraw from school or for certain approved reasons. To be counted toward the total, drops must appear on the transcript and be signified by a grade of “W.” Students are required to select a primary reason for withdrawing from a course at the time the course is dropped.

The following are approved reasons that do not count in the drop total:

  • personal illness
  • care of sick, injured, or needy person
  • death of family member or close friend • called to active military duty
  • family member or close friend called to active military duty
  • change in work schedule
  • transportation problems
  • personal/family obligations
  • withdrawal from school
  • administratively withdrawn by instructor or other college personnel

NOTE: Fees are subject to change. *Special fees are non-refundable. ** Applies to classes added back after each non-payment drop after late registration. Drops from the following courses will not count in the drop total: • courses taken prior to high school graduation • developmental courses • lab/clinical courses that must be taken in conjunction with a lecture • all courses in the following departments: College Success Strategies (COLS, ORIE); Religion (RELI)

Back to Table of Contents

Special Fees:

ACT WorkKeys Basic Package $65 (four tests) $50 (NCRC certificate)
$25 per retest section
ACT WorkKeys NCRC Certification $50 per test
ADN Computer Software Fee $150 per semester
ATI TEAS $115 per test
Auditing a Course (tuition & fees same as if enrolled)
Campus Security Fee $35 per semester
KC Computer Competency Test $35
Checks, Returned $35
CLEP Exam $90 per test
Credit by Exam; for Experience or
Departmental Exam (Advanced Placement)
(equal to in-district tuition/fees as if enrolled
Credit Card Convenience Fee $2 per transaction
Distance Learning Fee (Web, Hybrid
and/or Remote courses)
$20 per semester hour
e-Service Fee $10 per semester hour
Excess Developmental $75 per semester hour
FAX $5
Health & Wellness Fee $25 per semester
High-Cost Workforce Developmen
Course Fee
$35 per semester hour
Insurance (EMT) $70 per year
Insurance (Health Occupations) $30 per year
Matriculation Fee $15
Official Transcript $6
Posting AP Credit to transcript $25 per course
Proctoring Fee $30 per test
Registration Fee $40
Reinstatement Fee * $25
Repeat Three $75 per semester hour
Student Services Fee $5 per semester
TCOLE State Exam ETPA Proctoring Fee $30 per test
Texas Commission on Fire Protection
Proctoring Fee
$30 per test
TSI Assessment - Full Test $40
TSI Assessment - Partial Test (2 sections) $20
TSI Assessment - Non-Student $45

Note: Fees are subject to change. Some fees are non-refundable.
*Applies to classes added back after each non-payment drop after late registration.

Back to Table of Contents


Withdrawal/Refund Policy:

The student is personally responsible for withdrawing from enrollment. Students wishing to withdraw from a class must first meet with their instructor or an academic advisor to begin the withdrawal process. Students wishing to withdraw from school must do so through the Office of of the Registrar in Kilgore or the KC-Longview office. Requests received after close-of-business will be processed the next business day. Students eligible to web register may withdraw from classes online through the end of Late Registration. Students who withdraw once the semester begins may be required to re-pay a portion of financial aid already received.

Students withdrawing prior to the first day of the semester and through the census date of the semester will receive no grade. After that time, the student receives a grade of “W” until the withdrawal deadline has passed.  Flex class withdrawal dates vary (see flex withdrawal/refund schedule below. The ultimate responsibility for withdrawing is on the student. Students who fail to officially withdraw may receive a grade of “F” for the semester and may have to re-pay financial aid.

Refund Schedule According to the following percentage schedules, the college calculates refunds for courses dropped or for withdrawal from school within the first 20 class days of a long semester or seven class days of a summer term.

Flex Course Refund Schedule:

# of Weeks
in Class
Census Date & Last Class Day
to Drop Without a Grade
Last Class Day for
70% Refund
Last Class Day for
25% Refund

Last Day to Drop with a "W"
(75% of Class)

1 1st 2nd N/A 4th Day
2 1st 2nd N/A 1 Week, 3 Days
3 2nd 3rd 4th 2 Weeks, 3 Days
4 3rd 4th 5th 3 Weeks
5 4th 5th 6th 3 Weeks, 4 Days
6 4th 5th 7th 4 Weeks, 3 Days
7 5th 7th 9th 5 Weeks, 2 Days
8 6th 8th 10th 6 Weeks
9 7th 9th 11th 6 Weeks, 4 Days
10 7th 9th 12th 7 Weeks, 3 Days
11 8th 10th 14th 8 Weeks, 2 Days
12 9th 12th 15th 9 Weeks
13 9th 13th 16th 9 Weeks, 4 Days
14 10th 13th 17th 10 Weeks, 3 Days
15 11th 14th 19th 11 Weeks, 2 Days
16 12th 15th 20th 12 Weeks

NOTE: Class day is defined as the day the semester or session is designated to begin and each school day thereafter. The official beginning date for flex classes is listed on AccessKC and on statement of account. The above timetable applies to all refunds, including refunds to early registered students who withdraw before classes start. No refunds will be made earlier than this schedule.

8-Week and 16-Week Refund Schedule:

SPRING 16-Week Classes
Prior to the first day of class 1/16 *100%
During the first 15 days 1/17 - 2/6 70%
During 16th thru 20th class days 2/7 - 2/13 25%
After the 20th class day 2/14



SPRING I - 8-Week Classes
Prior to the first day of class 1/16 *100%
During the first 8 days 1/17 - 1/26 70%
During the 9th thru 10th days 1/27 - 1/30 25%
After the 10th class day 1/31 None


SPRING 2 - 8-Week Classes
Prior to the first day of class 3/1 - 3/19 *100%
During the first 8 days 3/20 - 3/29 70%
During the 9th thru 10th days 3/30 - 3/31 25%
After the 10th class day 4/3 None

Back to Table of Contents

Steps to Completing Financial Aid:

1. Submit a KC Admissions Application.

Submit one of the following:

  • Official High School Transcript or notarized Home School transcript
  • GED (with all sections passed)

NOTE: All transfer students must submit official transcripts for all previously attended colleges.

2. Complete the FAFSA.

  • Complete the 2022-23 FAFSA if you are planning to attend in the spring or summer of 2023 at
  • Complete the 2023-24 FAFSA if you are planning to attend in the fall of 2023 at
  • The school code for Kilgore College is 003580.

3. Check AccessKC Financial Aid account for required documents.

4. Check AccessKC Financial Aid account to review/accept your award package.

Check your AccessKC Financial Aid account account periodically to review and accept your award package.

NOTE: Please remember to change the year in the drop down box in your Access Financial Aid account to review the correct year. (example:2023-24 for this school year)

5. Complete Master Promissory Note & Entrance Loan Counseling.

Any student wanting Federal Student Loans in their awards package must complete the Master Promissory Note and undergraduate Entrance Loan Counseling online at www.student Your FSA ID and password used to complete the FAFSA will be required.

6. Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.

Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress standardseach semester for eligibility. More information on this can be found at

IMPORTANT NOTE: students submitting all required documentation by November 1st will have awards in place for Spring/Summer.

7. Complete and submit a Scholarship Application by clicking here.

Be sure to complete a scholarship application and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. Kilgore College offers many scholarships to eligible applicants.

This will STOP you from receiving funds:

  • KC has not received a FAFSA or the FAFSA is not processed
  • Missing required documents
  • You are on Financial Aid Suspension
  • Student is in DEFAULT on Federal Student Loans as indicated by the FAFSA
  • • Admission process is not completed and official transcripts aren't received in the Office of Admissions and Registrar.
  • Student has a HOLD on their account

Questions? See website at or call (903) 983-8211.

Back to Table of Contents

Ranger Card:

To get a Ranger Card, visit the KCPD offices, located at 818 E. Main St.

You’ll use your Ranger Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. Also, be sure you update the sticker on your card each semester in order to use it on campus.

You’ll need it to:

  • Receive financial aid disbursements
  • Sell textbooks
  • Purchase food through your meal plan
  • Check out books from the library
  • Attend athletic events
  • Receive student discounts from participating merchants
  • Sign in for testing services

Kilgore College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Ranger Card. The Ranger Card is a MasterCard Debit Student ID which allows you free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.

A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:

  • No monthly service fee
  • Easy access to free Herring Bank ATMs on and around campus
  • Free access to online banking and mobile app – Check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access by visiting
  • Get paid faster – when you request direct deposit of your financial aid and/or direct deposit of your paycheck.

Use your new Ranger Card, your official student ID, for all of your on-campus needs and to access your Herring Bank checking account.

Access your account online by visiting

There are two locations to pick up your Ranger Card:

  • Stop by the KCPD offices, located at 818 E. Main St. on the Kilgore campus, during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Mondays through Thursdays), and 8 a.m. to Noon on Fridays.
  • Stop by KCPD on the Longview campus, open during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Mondays through Thursdays), and 8 a.m. to Noon. on Fridays.

For more information about the Ranger Card, call (903) 988-3737.

Back to Table of Contents

Testing services are available on both the Kilgore and KC-Longview campuses. The Kilgore testing center is located on the 2nd floor of the Devall Student Center and the Longview testing center is located in the Hendrix Building. Both centers are authorized testing sites for a variety of national, state and local standardized testing programs including the TSI Assessment, ATI TEAS and TXCHSE (high school equivalency) exams. The centers also offer proctoring services for non-KC students.

All testing requires an appointment at least 24 hours in advance and valid photo ID must be presented. Students may direct inquiries to the Kilgore Testing Center at (903) 983-8215 or email:

Students planning to test in Longview may contact the testing center at (903) 236-2050 or email:

For more information on available services, hours of operation, and testing requirements please visit the appropriate webpage:

The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requires that all students entering a public college or university for the first time be tested in the areas of reading, writing and math before registering for any college-level classes unless exempt. Below are the procedures for scheduling the TSI Assessment:

Testing procedures for first-time or new students:

  1. Students should have a Kilgore College application for admission on file in the Registrar’s Office at least 48 hours before taking the TSI Assessment.
  2. Students must participate in a pre-assessment activity and provide proof of completion. KC’s PAA is available at
  3. Schedule a test date according to the test published schedule.
  4. Pay the testing fee ($40/$20 partial) at the Cashier’s Office in Devall Student Center or at the front office at KC-Longview prior to testing. Students without an admissions record will be considered Non-KC students and will be required to pay the Non-student test fee of $50 for any part.

Click here for a list of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Exemptions

Testing services for web courses:

Exams for Kilgore College's web courses are proctored through Proctor U Auto an online proctoring service.

  • Proctor U Auto is available on campus at the following locations: Watson Library, Zone II, North Zone (Longview campus).

In response to COVID-19, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) has authorized the use of alternative methods of placement in lieu of the TSIA (Texas Success Initiative Assessment) or other test scores for students that do not have test scores and may not have access to TSIA testing.

KC uses a holistic method (review of high school transcripts, discussions with students, etc.) to effectively place students in courses. However, students enrolled under this waiver are required to take the TSIA prior to the end of the semester (TAC, Rule 4.55).

Back to Table of Contents

Degrees/certificates are not awarded automatically. Students must submit a graduation application by the following dates:

How to Apply for Graduation:

Log on to AccessKC, then:

  • Go to "Students" section.
  • Select “Graduation Application.”
  • Complete the application.

Review Degree Audit:

Check to see that you have met the requirements for graduation by reviewing your Degree Audit in AccessKC:

  • You may want to visit with your advisor or the Academic Advising office.

Back to Table of Contents


Online orientation is MANDATORY for all first-time college students and those students transferring with less than 12 hours of college credit.

How do I take orientation online?

To complete New Student Orientation, you must have already received your Kilgore College Student ID number. If you have questions, please call (903) 988-7491.

Back to Table of Contents


Bookstore Hours & Locations:

Kilgore Campus:
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
7:30 a.m. – Noon (Friday)
Devall Student Center - 1st Floor
(903) 983-8277

8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
8 a.m. – Noon (Friday)
Hendrix Building
(903) 753-2642

General information:

Attention Parents: If you wish to purchase textbooks for students with your credit card, you may use our website. If you have questions, call (903) 983-8278.

Buy your books online at

No waiting in line to pick up your textbooks. If your account in AccessKC shows a credit, then you may use your Financial Aid to purchase textbooks online.

BOOKSTORE RETURN POLICY: The ORIGINAL RECEIPT is required for all returns and/or exchanges. All refunds will be issued in the form of original payment. Items purchased by check cannot be refunded until 5 business days after the purchase. Credit or debit card refunds must be issued to the same card.

FOR TEXTBOOKS: Textbooks purchased (for spring or fall semester classes) may be returned for a full refund through the 5th class day of each semester if they are in the same condition they were originally sold. All sales are final after the 5th class day. All refunds will be issued back to the original payment method.

Add/Drop Exception: Textbooks may be returned and/or exchanged until the 12th class day if a "Drop Slip" for the course is presented.

New Textbooks must be free of markings and the original wrap, packaging, box, etc. must be unopened and intact.

Used books may be returned if they are in the same condition they were originally sold.

Access codes and software must be unopened and unused.

Summer, Mini, and Flex Semesters:

Textbooks purchased or rented from the bookstore may be returned for a full refund through the 2nd class day of each semester if they are in the same condition they were originally sold. All sales are final after the 2nd class day. All refunds will be issued back to the original payment method.

Add/Drop Exception: Textbooks may be returned and/or exchanged until the 4th class day if a Drop Slip for the course is presented. New Textbooks must be free of markings and the original wrap, packaging, box, etc. must be unopened and intact. Used books may be returned if they are in the same condition they were originally sold. Access code and software must be unopened and unused.

FOR GENERAL MERCHANDISE: All sales are final for clearance items, barcharts, and reference/ test prep books. All other merchandise, excluding electronics, may be returned and/or exchanged within 30 days of the purchase date must be in the same condition they were originally sold, and clothing must still have all tags attached.

FOR ELECTRONICS: All sales are final for computers, laptops, tablets, or external hard drives. If your item breaks or is defective it must be handled through the manufacturer warranty, or other outside resources. Calculators, headphones, cables, flash drives, and other electronics may be returned and/or exchanged within 30 days of the purchase date and must be in the same condition they were originally sold.

Textbook Buyback Guidelines:

  • Has the instructor selected the book for next semester?
  • Does the bookstore have enough copies already?
  • Demand determines value
  • Has a new edition been published?
  • Is the book in saleable condition?

Fall and Spring buybacks take place during the week of finals.

Back to Table of Contents