We all want the same thing... a better life for ourselves and our families.
Kilgore College offers a full range of free Adult Education & Literacy services to help you improve your life with caring instructors to help you learn.
- GED Preparation and Testing: Prepare to pass the exam for the GED (General Educational Development) diploma, the equivalent to a credential for high school completion.
- Literacy, Basic Skills and Exam Preparation: Improve your reading, writing and math skills regardless of whether you do or do not have a high school credential. Prepare for pre-employment, college entrance, military entrance or other pre-college level exams.
- ESL (Learn English): Acquire and/or improve your reading, writing and speaking skills if your primary language is not English and your skills are below the level to function effectively in English.
- Intensive College Readiness Program: A special program of study developed specifically for non-traditional students who have never attended college. Individuals who recently completed a GED or who earned a high school diploma at least four years ago may qualify.
- Integrated Education and Training: IET offers students the opportunity to acquire a combination of basic academic skills and industry-specific technical skills. Workforce preparation and training leads to a family-sustaining career with no or very little expense to the student.
- Distance Learning: AEL Distance Learning classes are ideal for full-time workers, stay at home parents or caregivers, or those with medical restrictions; however, anyone can register.
Caring instructors to help you learn!
We carefully select our instructors for their ability to work with the adult learner. The curriculum ranges from basic-literacy level to twelfth-grade level instruction in reading, writing, social studies, science, and math. We will assess your current educational level, and then design a training program for you.
Our programs are free! Registration is quick & easy.
No fees are charged for attending Kilgore College Adult Education & Literacy (ESL, GED, Exam Preparation, or Intensive College Readiness) courses, however students must furnish their school supplies. Registration is easy and quick Classes are held continually throughout the year with registration during various months. Call (903) 236-2004 or (903) 753-2642 for information on class locations, schedules and registration information.
Classes are available in 25 locations.
Day and evening classes are offered on the main campus in Kilgore and KC-Longview. Also in Gilmer, Gladewater, Henderson, Price (Carlisle), New London, Overton, Sabine and Tatum. Not every program is offered at every location.