How much does Orientation Cost?
- Fee for May orientations: $30
- Fee for June-July orientations: $40
- Fee for August orientations: $50
(Fee includes one meal, T-shirt and materials)
Payment can be made prior to orientation by check, money order, or credit card through the Cashier's Office or at check-in. The Cashier's Office is in the Devall Student Center. Its number is (903) 983-8108.
Everyone must register for orientation online through this website.
Why should I come to orientation?
First, because it is required. But you will also:
- Meet other students
- Find out about campus life and activities
- Meet with an advisor
- Register early
- Be ready to be a college student
- Get a chance to win door prizes and scholarships
What is the schedule for on-campus orientations?
On-campus orientations are regularly scheduled throughout the year.
- Check in time is 7:30 a.m., in the Devall Student Center Ballroom. It should conclude around 3 p.m.
- Students can attend before high school graduation as long as you bring a copy of your transcript that includes test scores and mail the final transcript after graduation.
- You will need your Accuplacer or THEA test scores
- Must have your Meningitis shot records on file at the Registrar’s Office, or bring a copy with you on Orientation day.
Can anyone take online orientation?
Yes. Anyone who is interested in finding out the Kilgore College information that we give at New Student Orientation is welcome to go through the online version. If you are required to attend New Student Orientation in order to early register, you can complete the required New student Orientation online with approval from the Student Success office. You will find the instructions in the early pages of the online session.
Is there any additional testing information that I need to know before I attend orientation?
Unless you are TASP/THEA exempt, TASP/THEA or alternative test scores must be received at Kilgore College before a student can be advised or registered for classes. If you are exempt because of TAAS/TAKS scores, you should check with our counseling office at (903) 983-8206 or the Student Success Office At (903) 988-7537. You will need other scores to be eligible to enroll in certain college level math courses. There are plenty of testing dates scheduled so that students who are coming to Orientation can take their test ahead of time.
The Kilgore College Testing Office offers placement testing regularly and often. Please see contact the Testing Department for more information.
Can my family member attend on-campus orientation?
Please feel free to bring your parents or adult family members. Cost is $6 per family member for a meal and materials.
I have applied, but I don't have a Student ID yet. What do I do?
If you have applied to Kilgore College, but have not received an acceptance letter in the mail with your Student ID number, visit Campus Connect and get your ID number there. Follow the instructions on the left-hand side of Campus Connect. Once you receive your Student ID, visit this page again and register for either On-Campus Orientation or Online Orientation.