Orientation at Kilgore College is a time for new students and their families to become better acquainted with the college, its campuses and communities. There is time to meet college faculty and staff, as well as other students. Orientation staff and student leaders spend time with you and make every effort to make you feel welcome and ready to begin your college career.
Who should come to orientation?
- Orientation is required for all first-time college students and students transferring with less than 12 hours of college credit. It is also required for dual credit students before they can become a full-time student at KC.
Where do I meet for orientation?
Meet in the Devall Student Center Ballroom.
- Submit a current high school transcript to Registrar's Office
- Must have the meningitis shot record on file at the Registrar's Office
- Must have TSI test scores on file in the Registrar's Office. (If you think you may be exempt, please check with our registrar at 903-983-8606 or the counseling center at 903-983-8206.)
How do I register for Orientation?
To register for KC On-Campus Orientation, you must have all of the above “Requirements” in the Registrar’s Office before KC Orientation registration will be available in myKC. Please follow the instructions below to sign into myKC to register:
- Username: First four letters of your last name, first four letters of your first name, last four digits of your KC ID number
- Password: Student(Birth month)(Birth date) Capital “S” in Student
For example: If your name is Kelly Smith, KC ID # 121216789, and your birthday is March 17, 1996... your Username would be smitkell6789 and your password would be Student0317
After logging in, if all of your requirements have been met an orientation link should be on the left side of the screen. You may check your requirement status in the folder under "Admissions Progress."
How do I Register for Online Orientation?
For Online Orientation, please follow the instructions above but choose the “Online Orientation” link.
Upcoming On-Campus Orientations:
New Student Orientation Dates for 2018:
- Dates will be posted later in the spring semester. For spring enrollees, please follow the directions above to complete online orientation.
Check in time for students: 7:30 a.m. in Devall Student Center Ballroom.
Conclusion: 12:30 p.m.
How do I pay for Orientation?
Once you have registered for on-campus orientation or completed online orientation, a charge will be placed on your student account. On-campus orientation is $40 and online orientation is $50. You will need to pay for orientation before you may register for your classes. If you sign up for both Orientations, you will be charged for both. Please select carefully which you prefer and contact us if you need to make changes.
You should receive a KC email letting you know when the charge for on-campus orientation has been placed on your account. Once the charge is on the account, you will be able to log into myKC and pay this charge using PAY NOW or you can call or pay in person at the Cashier’s Office on either the Kilgore or Longview campus. You may pay with cash, check, cashier’s check, credit or debit card.