About the TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC):
Kilgore College’s TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a one-stop shop resource center that provides FREE services to high school graduates, college students needing financial aid assistance or adults planning to enroll in college or vocational school.
Para obtener más información acerca de nuestro programa haz clic en el link de arriba o comuníquese con: Rubi Martinez, (903) 983-8615.
The EOC staff will provide students with assistance in the following areas:
- Applying to College/Vocational School
- Applying for College Application Fee Waivers
- Completing the Financial Aid Applications (FAFSA)
- Assisting with Scholarship Searches
- Assisting with enrolling and taking College Placement Exams
- Understanding and correcting Student Loan Default
- Assistance or Referrals with applying for Adult Education (GED)
Schedule an appointment:
For appointments in Kilgore:
- Schedule an appointment with Rubi Martinez: https://calendly.com/rramirez-eoc
For appointments in Longview:
- Schedule an appointment with Rosa Hopkins: https://calendly.com/rosahopkins
- Schedule an appointment with Mandy Key: Https://Calendly.com/mkey-7
TRIO EOC mission statement & who we serve:
TRIO EOC assists clients in Gregg, Harrison, Rusk and Upshur counties with the processes necessary to gain access to post-secondary education.
TRIO EOC objectives:
The Educational Opportunity Center at Kilgore College will provide the following services to the residents of the Upper East Texas Region.
- Completion of College Applications
- Financial Aid Applications (FAFSA) and FA Verification
- Financial Literacy ( Budgeting, Scholarships, Loan Processes and Repayment, FA Maintenance)
- Entrance or re-entrance into GED Programs
- Tutoring services
- Career and Academic counseling individualized or via workshops
- Individual Education Planning
- Workshops on study skills, time management, and test taking
- Resume writing instruction
- Assist with search for test and application fee waivers
- Invitation to attend college campus tours
- Invitation to attend educational and/or cultural trips
EOC Locations at KC:
Kilgore College - Kilgore campus
Student Support Services Building, Room 111
Office: (903) 983-8615
Fax: (903) 983-8267
Kilgore College - Longview campus
Longview North Building - Room 205F
Office: (903) 236-2026
Fax: (903) 983-8267
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to Noon
The TRIO EOC program began on Sept. 1, 2021 with funding for five years provided by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. Fiscal year funding for 2021-22 is $232,050.