Jobs on Campus for Students

Work-study jobs for students on financial aid & departmental jobs are available.

About the College Work-Study program:

The Work Study program is just one source of financial aid for college students. These on-campus jobs are available only to Kilgore College students who demonstrate financial need while they are enrolled in the current term. In order to assess financial need each academic year, students need to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at

Students must enroll in at least six (6) hours each term for and to maintain eligibility, this includes the Summer term.

Please read the job descriptions carefully and submit an application for a specific position to be considered for it. Students interested in multiple positions may submit one application for all positions in which they are interested, checking the boxes next to each position.  Incomplete applications will be discarded. Applications will not be kept on file once a position is filled. Please submit a copy of the class schedule(s) for the appropriate term with each application.

How do I apply for a job?

Find out what jobs are available and apply for a work-study job on the KC online application page.

How and when will I get paid?

Work Study students are paid twice a month. Payroll periods are the 1st through the 15th of each month, then the 16th through the last day of the month. Checks for one payroll period will be available after the next payroll. For instance, if a student works between Jan. 1-15, they will be paid for that time on Jan. 31 or the closest previous business day, should the 31st fall on a weekend or holiday.  Students must pick up paper checks in the Human Resources Office in the McLaurin Administration Building and present picture ID to sign for their checks. Direct Deposit is now the sole payment method for all employees at Kilgore College. Direct Deposit authorization forms are available at the Financial Aid Office or at the Human Resources Office.

Student departmental (non work-study) jobs:

The following jobs are applied for and paid through the respective departments listed in the job description. Please read the description carefully for contact and application information.

Current Non Work-Study Jobs Available:

Jobs on campus

Areas on campus where students work
  • Student Services Offices such as: Registrar, Financial Aid, Testing, Counseling, Admissions and Housing
  • Marketing
  • KCPD
  • Academic Departments
  • Business Office
  • Purchasing
  • Watson Library
  • Receiving and Physical Plant
  • Computer Labs
  • KC Police Department
  • Photography Lab
  • The Flare and Ranger yearbook offices
Residence hall assistants

A limited number of Residence Hall Assistants are employed through the Office of Campus Life each year. These students perform specified duties and live in the Kilgore College dormitories in exchange for a free private room and up to 19 hours paid per week.. Assistants must be enrolled full time (12 hours or more), maintain a 2.0 GPA per semester, and will be required to work nights and weekends. Applications may be submitted to the Office of Campus Life located in the Devall Student Center, first floor, or email your interest to

Jobs Available Off Campus (non-KC jobs)

Important Files:

For information about College Work-Study Jobs:

Jason Robbins
Verification & Work Study Program Coordinator
Financial Aid Department
(903) 983-8210
Devall Student Center (DEVAL), 2nd Floor