What is a transient student?
Transient students are those previously or currently enrolled at another college or university who attend Kilgore College for the May Mini term and/or Summer semester only or Fall semester only and then return to their previous college or university.
How do I apply to KC?
- Apply for admission online at www.applytexas.org.
- On ApplyTexas, select the Non Degree-Seeking Academic major option.
- Also indicate you are a transient-seeking a degree elsewhere on the application.
- If a transient student decides to continue at Kilgore College, the student must reapply as a transfer student and meet all transfer admission requirements.
What about transcripts?
- Students must request an official transcript from the school which they are currently attending be sent to Kilgore College.
- Proof of other prerequisites may be required if the student has attended more than one college.
- All visiting students should consult their academic advisor to ensure applicability of courses prior to KC registration.
- It is the responsibility of the transient student to request an official KC transcript be sent to their home institution: https://www.kilgore.edu/transcripts
What about Financial Aid?
Transient students cannot use financial aid awarded by their home institution to pay for classes at KC.
What if I decide to continue my studies at KC?
If a transient student decides to continue at Kilgore College, the student must reapply as a transfer student and meet all transfer admission requirements.
What degrees and certificates does KC offer?
View a list of Career Pathways that lists all of KC's degrees and certificates.