While all KC dual credit students are encouraged to apply, priority consideration will be given to those who meet the following criteria:
- Unmet financial need considering estimated family contributions (from the FAFSA/TASFA) and other forms of aid already awarded
- Completion of 12 or more semester credit hours through KC dual credit courses
- Successful progress in dual credit studies (grade point average, hours earned, high school recommendations, etc.)
Requirements for applications:
- Completion of the online Kilgore College Dual Credit Scholarship Application
- Completion of either the FAFSA or the TASFA
- Current Kilgore College GPA of 2.5 or better
- Letters of Recommendation from High School Counselors and/or Teachers are highly encouraged, but not required.
Scholarships are awarded in the following one-year increments:
- Full Time Students (minimum of 12 hours per long semester): $1,000 per year, distributed as $500 for the fall and $500 for the spring
- Part Time Students (minimum of 6 hours per long semester): $500 per year, distributed as $250 for the fall and $250 for the spring
- Note: Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA (or better) to retain this scholarship for the second semester.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 1, 2019.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE ONLINE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THE KC DUAL CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP: