Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law by President Donald J. Trump, on Dec. 27, 2020, Kilgore College has received $1,954,443 from the student portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II). Within this document, KC certifies that it will use 100% of the funds received under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
1) Under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA, Kilgore College received $1,954,443 to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2) It is estimated that more than 3,300 Kilgore College students may be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, one eligibility criteria to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. As of March 10, 2021, Kilgore College disbursed $968,400 to 2,152 students in the form of emergency aid to support technology and connectivity needs associated with remote learning instituted due to the pandemic. Students considered most in need, as documented by the FAFSA, were given priority awards and then other eligible students were considered.
3) Kilgore College is awarding Emergency Financial Aid Grants to support the technology and connectivity needs of students. Based upon requirements of the CRRSAA and initial discussions at the College, the following eligibility as criteria apply:
- The student has a valid 2020-2021 FAFSA on file at Kilgore College to document eligibility to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and
- The student is enrolled in at least one online course or one face-to-face course in the Spring 2021 semester that has a remote learning component due to the COVID-19 pandemic; thus, requiring the student to have high speed internet connectivity in order to participate.
Priority was given to students who had documented financial needs, per the FAFSA.
4) Students seeking Emergency Financial Aid Grants under the CRRSAA who do not have a valid 2020-2021 FAFSA on file at Kilgore College are encouraged to complete one immediately.
5) To provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students as expeditiously as possible, Kilgore College adopted an automatic disbursement award process to eligible students with no separate application required.