This course is a focused review of concepts present in the Test of Essential Academic Skills or ATI TEAS. The ATI TEAS is the exam used for assessing a student’s preparedness for entering health science fields. Course topics include Reading, English and Language Usage, Mathematics and Science.
- Gain understanding and knowledge of English concepts present in the TEAS test to include reading, craft and structure integration of knowledge and ideas, conventions of standard English and knowledge of language vocabulary.
- Gain understanding and knowledge of Math concepts present in the TEAS test to include numbers and algebra, measurement and data.
- Gain understanding and knowledge of Science concepts present in the TEAS test to include human anatomy and physiology, life and physical sciences and scientific reasoning.
Course Outcome Assessment:
The students will each receive a pretest in order to establish a baseline of knowledge. Practice tests will occur throughout course to measure learning and direct studies. There will be a posttest at the end of the course to measure the level of knowledge gained throughout the course.
Class Dates for 2022:
- Mondays from May 16 to June 27, 2022 (5:30 to 8:30 p.m.)
- Mondays from Sept. 19 to Oct. 24, 2022 (5 to 8 p.m.)
- Cost: $175 (textbook included)
Kilgore, building is TBD
Longview Campus, Longview Hendrix Building, Room 116, 300 South High St. Minimum of six students required.
The Monday before each class starts.