The online academy consists of four months of online coursework followed by 10 days of onsite skills training in Kilgore.
Tuition and Fees:
- $1,150 (In-state) with a $50 curriculum access fee for a total of $1,200
- $1,700 (Out-of-state) with a $50 curriculum access fee for a total of $1,750
- $1,715 USD (Out-of-country) with a $50 curriculum access fee for a total of $1,765
Online Additional Fees:
- Bunker gear may be rented through KCFA for $475, or may be furnished by the sponsoring Fire Department, pending the director’s approval.
- The student is also responsible for purchasing their textbooks.
- Housing and meal plans are available for those who are not able to commute for the Skills Training.
Upcoming online academy dates (class is approximately 16 weeks):
|1020||Nov. 30, 2020||Dec. 9, 2020 - April 8, 2021||April 9-19, 2021||April 20, 2021|
|1021||March 29, 2021||April 7 - Aug. 5, 2021||Aug. 6-16, 2021||Aug. 17, 2021|
|1022||June 1, 2021||June 7 - Oct. 7, 2021||Oct. 8-18, 2021||Oct. 9, 2021|
|1023||July 26, 2021||Aug. 2 - Dec. 2, 2021||Dec. 3-13, 2021||Dec. 14, 2021|
Basic Fire Suppression Application for American Students:
Basic Fire Suppression Application for Canadian Students: