Upward Bound provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves high school students from low-income families and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education.Upward Bound was created by the Educational Opportunity Act of 1964 which was originally the War on Poverty statute.
Important documents that must be filled out and returned:
Please make sure to dowload the documents below before filling them out. Fill them out and email them to upwardboundKC@gmail.com.
- Authorization & Release Form (pdf)
- Emergency Contact Form (pdf)
- Student/Parent Contract of Participation (pdf)
- Authorization for Medical Treatment & Emergency Contact (pdf)
- Camp/Extracurricular Waiver/Release Agreement (pdf)
- Student Info Update Form (pdf)
- iPad Use Policy (pdf)
- UB Student Application Packet (pdf)