H.R. 2353, the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V), enacted July 2018, reauthorized Perkins, which provides funding for various support services (i.e. childcare assistance, textbook lending, gas assistance, and tutoring).
We serve students that meet one or more of these qualifications:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families (including low-income youth and adults)
- Individuals preparing for non-traditional occupational career paths
- Single parents (including single pregnant women)
- Out-of-workforce individuals
- English learners
- Homeless individuals described in section 725 of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 USC 11434a)
- Youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system
- Youth with a parent who (A) is a member of the armed forces (as such term is defined in section 101(a)(4) of Title 10, United States Code and (B) is on active duty (as such term is defined in section 101(d)(1) of such title).
Call us today to learn how we can serve you!
To learn more about the support services please contact one of the specialists listed below—located on both the Kilgore and Longview campuses.
- Longview: Longview North Building, Offices 101 & 105
- Kilgore: Tuesdays ONLY, Student Support Building, Office 111