Get help with academic advising and counseling:
Professional advisors provide a variety of services to students such as educational, career and short-term mental health counseling. Consultation is available on a walk-in basis most of the year; however, appointments are suggested. Counseling/advising centers are located on the second floor of the Devall Student Center in Kilgore and in the Hendrix building at KC-Longview.
Info about advising & registration during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Since students' health and success are KC's top priorities, the college has opened up remote avenues of advising & registration. Services related to advising and/or registraton are available to students by phone, online and by web request on both the Kilgore and KC-Longview campuses.
Scheduling/Advising for summer and/or fall classes on the Kilgore campus:
- Call (903) 983-8206 to schedule a video conference or telephone appointment.
- Appointments are available by video chat through Google Hangouts. Utilizing video chat gives students the opportunity to be able to see the same screens (registration and degree audit) that advisors use during the advising session.
Scheduling/Advising for summer and/or fall classes at KC-Longview:
Currently, KC-Longview advising is not seeing any students face-to-face to keep in guidelines of the recommended social distancing recommendations.
- Call (903) 753-2642 to schedule a video conference or telephone appointment.
- Appointments by video chat are available through Google Hangouts. Utilizing video chat gives students the opportunity to be able to see the same screens (registration and degree audit) that advisors use during the advising session.
- Students can also schedule an advising/registration appointment through QLess by clicking here.
Students with disabilities:
Students who have disabilities, are academically or economically disadvantaged, are majoring in nontraditional programs for their gender, or have English as a second language are considered Special Populations. They should see Hollyann Davis, the Special Populations Counselor, for more information. Her office is on the second floor of the Devall Student Center. Call her administrative assistant at (903) 983-8206 or e-mail her for more information. Visit the Special Populations webpage.
Mental health counseling:
Kilgore College has licensed professional counselors available in the Devall Student Center, Kilgore, and the KC-Longview Hendrix building, Longview. These individuals are available for students needing short-term, non-therapeutic counseling.
There are also community agencies that serve mental health and intellectual disabilities in the East Texas area.