Housing - Campus Life

Live and dine on-campus. Save time and money.

About on-campus housing at KC:

Kilgore College offers campus housing to expand their horizons and broaden perspectives. You will find fun activities and make friends that last a lifetime at Kilgore College. Our Campus Life program offers learning outside of the classroom that will teach you more about yourself and others. Come make memories with us!


How do I apply for housing at KC?

Apply for housing through your AccessKC account by clicking the following path: Students>Student Life>KC Housing Application.

Deadline to apply for housing:

  • Fall: July 15, 2023

NOTE: Criminal history background checks may take up to 5 business days, and criminal history review must be completed before room assignments will be made. Students must be assigned a room before move-in. For more information on the criminal history review process, see below.

Background check required:

Effective Dec. 1, 2019, KC has partnered with Quick Search, a trusted company that provides background services. You must have a cleared background check before the KC Office of Campus Life will consider you for assignment. The link for completing your background check is included in the housing application, which can be found using the above path

The cost associated with this service is $28.50. Please provide a credit or debit card number within the system for payment. Should you experience trouble while completing the process, please call (903) 983-8191 for assistance.

How do I contact my roommate?

Log in to your student email and start typing your roommate's name.  Their email will automatically appear.  We recommend using email until you are comfortable sharing your cell phone number.

Off-campus housing:

Kilgore College does not own, operate, maintain nor specifically endorse any off-campus housing properties. Students are encouraged to do due diligence when considering off campus apartments, dorms or other rental properties.



Campus Life

Room Layouts

Nolen Hall:

Nolen Annex:

Stark Hall:

Quad Area (The Quads):

Gussie Nell Davis Rangerette Residence:

Costs to Live on Campus

Information below is for fall or spring semesters:

Dorm Deposit: $150

Nolen Hall:

  • Double Room: $1,350
  • Meal Plan: $1,940
  • Mailbox Rental: $50
  • Total for Semester: $3,340

The Quads:

  • Double Room: $1,500
  • Meal Plan: $1,940
  • Mailbox Rental: $50
  • Total for Semester: $3,490

Stark Hall:

  • Double Room: $1,600
  • Meal Plan: $1,940
  • Mailbox Rental: $50
  • Total for Semester: $3,590

Gussie Nell Davis Rangerette Residence:

  • Double Room: $2,100
  • Meal Plan: $1,940
  • Mailbox Rental: $50
  • Total for Semester: $4,090

Private Rooms:

Kilgore College Residence Halls are designed for double-occupancy. If there is availability and you desire private accommodations, it may be possible for a student to rent the entire room by paying the double-occupancy rate.  Based on the above statement, you would pay the following for a private room:

  • Stark $2,700
  • Nolen $3,000
  • Quads $3,200
  • Gussie Nell Davis Rangerette Residence N/A

Summer Semesters:

  • Summer I Room and Meal Plan: $880
  • Summer II Room and Meal Plan: $930
  • Mini-Semesters: $200 (no food provided)
  • Fees are subject to change based on increased services made available to residents.
  • Housing fees include room rent, meal plan, and mailbox rental fee.
  • All residents must purchase the meal plan and the mail box rental.
  • Private rooms are based on availability with priority given to sophomore residents.
  • Room and board fees for summer housing will be announced prior to the end of the spring semester.
  • Please refer to the Student Handbook for the refund policy for housing.
  • Full payment in person by cash, check or money order payable to Kilgore College.
  • Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card payments are acceptable upon presentation of the credit card.
  • The student must provide positive identification for any payment to the college.
  • The college will accept checks for the amount of transaction only. Two-party checks, payroll checks, or postdated checks are not acceptable
  • One-time online payments or payment plans are also options. A credit card or bank account number is required for payments made via the web.
  • Students arriving early for specific program requirements may incur additional meal plan charges.
Kinds of Housing Available

What kind of housing is available?

  • Gussie Nell Davis Rangerettes Residence: A suite-style residence hall for Rangerettes. Laundry facilities are available.
  • Stark Hall: Corridor-style housing for male students. Laundry facilities are available.
  • Nolen Street Hall and Annex: Suite-style housing for female students. Laundry facilities are available.
  • The Quad Area: Double room with a private bath. Laundry facilities are available.
Dining Plans for the KC Cafeteria and Ranger Sports Grill

Visit the Dining page.

Service Animal Policy

Kilgore College is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities and fulfilling obligations under State and Federal law. This policy governs the use of service animals on campus by persons with disabilities. Persons with disabilities may be accompanied by working service animals on the campus of Kilgore College consistent with the provisions of this Policy.

View the KC Service Animal Policy (pdf)

How to Apply for Housing

How do I apply for housing at KC?

To apply for housing, you must first be admitted to KC. After being admitted to the college, please fill out the online KC Housing Application located in your AccessKC account under Students > Student Life > KC Housing Application. Please make sure to log in using your student credentials.

Applications will not be considered complete unless they are accompanied with a:

  • Copy of your driver's license or state-issued ID
  • Record of a bacterial meningitis vaccination

NOTE: Students will not be assigned a room unless they are enrolled in classes.

Frequently Asked Questions

For information about Campus Life - Housing:

Terence Mathis
Director of Campus Life
Student Government Association Advisor
(903) 988-7520
Devall Student Center (DEVAL), 1st Floor
Annita Bates
Professional Support Assistant
Campus Life/Public Safety & Risk Management
(903) 983-8191
Devall Student Center (DEVAL), 1st Floor
Patrick Hicks
Campus Life Specialist
Office of Campus Life
(903) 988-7505
Devall Student Center (DEVAL), 1st Floor