The KC Financial Aid Office will determine which students have not met requirements of the SAP Policy at the end of each term (fall, spring, summer). Students on Warning or Suspension will see this status in AccessKC.
Grade Point Average (Qualitative) Standards
- Students must maintain a 2.0 Financial Aid cumulative grade point average each term
Course Hour Completion (Quantitative) Standards
- Students must complete 67% of the term hours enrolled in to maintain progress.
Maximum Time Frame Completion: (Pace)
- Students enrolled at Kilgore College are expected to work toward a specific degree or certificate and to complete that goal within a certain reasonable timeframe.
- Once the student has reached or exceeded the 150% timeframe, he/she will be placed on suspension and no longer be eligible for financial aid
Institutional scholarships, state grants, and other non-federal student aid programs have specific academic requirements for each individual program. It is the student’s responsibility to read and understand the academic and hourly requirement criteria for each award shown in the student’s financial aid award package.
Suspension Appeal Priority Deadlines:
- 2022-23 Spring 1 and Spring 16-week: Jan. 6, 2023
- 2022-23 Spring 2: March 3, 2023