The purpose of the KC Writing Studios is to support writers in any discipline and at any stage of the writing process, thereby increasing students’ abilities to achieve their academic goals.
To advance this goal, the Writing Studios' professional tutors share a commitment to the following:
- Emphasizing writing as a process involving prewriting, developing and supporting a thesis, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Allowing exercise of writing skills in a supportive environment.
- Providing constructive feedback.
- Empowering writers and decreasing writing anxiety.
- Creating better writers, not just better papers.
- Equipping writers with skills that nurture effective written communication both within and beyond the walls of the Writing Studio.
NOTE: During the Spring/Summer 2020 semesters, only the following classes are allowed to utilize the Writing Studios' services: ENGL 0307, ENGL 0201, ENG 1301, ENGL 1302 and ENGL 2311.
For Summer I 2020, remote tutoring only in three formats:
1. Tutor.com tutors: Available 24 hours, seven days a week
2. KC Writing Studio tutors: Mondays-Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Fridays: 9-11 a.m.
- How to use KC Writing Studio Tutors Remotely (pdf)
- Video Training Session for Using Kilgore College Writing Studio Tutors
3. Call (903) 988-7421 to speak to Writing Studio tutor on duty (above times). If she is free, she can work with you on your live Google doc using the computer and your phone.
NOTE: During the Spring/Summer 2020 semesters, only the following classes are allowed to utilize the Tutor.com services: ENGL 0307, ENGL 0201, ENG 1301, ENGL 1302 and ENGL 2311.