The purpose of the Writing Studios is to support writers in any discipline and at any stage of the writing process, thereby increasing students’ abilities to achieve their academic goals.
To advance this goal, the Writing Studio‘s professional tutors share a commitment to the following:
- Emphasizing writing as a process involving prewriting, developing and supporting a thesis, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Allowing exercise of writing skills in a supportive environment.
- Providing constructive feedback.
- Empowering writers and decreasing writing anxiety.
- Creating better writers, not just better papers.
- Equiping writers with skills that nurture effective written communication both within and beyond the walls of the Writing Studio.
NOTE: During the Fall 2019 semester, only the following classes are allowed to utilize the Writing Studios' services: ENGL 0307, ENGL 0201, ENG 1301, ENGL 1302 and ENGL 2311.
Kilgore campus (Watson Library)
Mondays-Thursdays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Longview campus (Longview North Building, Room 100)
Mondays-Thursdays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Optional Online Tutoring:
For students who are unable to attend face-to-face tutoring sessions in the Writing Studios, they may utilize Tutor.com. View instructions on How to Use Tutor.com.
NOTE: During the Fall 2019 semester, only the following classes are allowed to utilize the Tutor.com services: ENGL 0307, ENGL 0201, ENG 1301, ENGL 1302 and ENGL 2311.
Online Student Orientation Session for Writing Studios and Tutor.com: