We encourage you to register your cell phone for RAVE Alert messages.
Kilgore College uses the RAVE Alert system to notify students of emergency situations. Additionally, we use this system to notify students of school closures or delayed openings.
Your official Kilgore College email address has already been registered for the alert system. However, we know that text messaging is faster and more widely read.
How do I register my phone?
1. Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/kilgore on the internet.
2. Login using your MyKC ID and password
- Your ID is the first 4 letters of your last name, first 4 letters of your first name, and last 4 numbers of your student ID (example: smitjohn1234)
- Your password is the word Student (with a capital S) followed by the month and day of your birth (example: Student0816)
4. Click on the “Add” button next to the “Mobile Phones” icon and then enter your personal cell phone number. Click on the “Continue” button.
5. Select the appropriate cell phone company/carrier and then click on the “Continue” button.
6. You should immediately receive a text message containing a confirmation code. Enter the confirmation code and then click on the “Continue” button.
7. Log out.
Questions or Problems?
If you have any questions or problems related to the RAVE Alert system, please email Dr. Mike Jenkins.