The Texas Reskilling Support Fund Grant Program is established to support displaced Texas workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic who need to reskill or upskill to get back into the workforce and Texas students who have previously stopped out of higher education institutions without completing a postsecondary credential.
Kilgore College has been fortunate to receive a $750,000 grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) to fund student emergency aid grants to those enrolled in one of the following majors/degrees:
- Automotive Technology
- Business Computer Office Management
- Computer & Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Diesel Technology
- Emergency Medical Technology & Paramedic
- Fire Protection
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Instrumentation & Electrical Technology
- Nursing – ADN & LVN
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Process Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Welding Technology
These emergency aid grants may cover up to $2,500 in tuition and fee expenses per semester for eligible students.
Eligibility criteria for aid under this grant include:
- Must be a Texas resident.
- Must complete the FAFSA and be eligible for federal student aid. (Note: state and institutional student aid must be used first.)
- Must not have been enrolled in an accredited college or university in the previous long semester or previous six months.
- Must affirm that you have been adversely affected by COVID-19.
- Have either been displaced from employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic or be a Texas student who stopped out of college without completing a credential.