Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program Annual Notification
Kilgore College adheres to and complies with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989 (Public Law 101-226), which require an Institution of Higher Education to certify with the United States Department of Education that it has adopted and implemented programs to prevent the illicit use of drugs and the abuse of alcohol by students and its employees. Drug-free and alcohol-free policies have been adopted by the College which will be published and disseminated to students and employees, in writing, annually and will be enforced.
Included within this annual notice are:
- The college’s standards of conduct;
- A description of the applicable legal sanctions/disciplinary actions under federal, state or local law and campus policy;
- A description of the health risks associated with alcohol and drug use;
- A list of available treatment programs; and
- A description of disciplinary sanctions for violations of College standards of conduct.
The Kilgore College Drug and Alcohol Task Force is responsible for the planning, implementing and assessing of the College’s AOD programs. The committee met on March 29, 2015 to review the institution’s AOD (alcohol and other drug) prevention program. It is committed to conducting a biennial review of prevention efforts by Dec. 31 of each even numbered year from this point forward.