Kilgore College officials are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and remaining up-to-date with guidance and information from the Center for Diease Control, Office of the Texas Governor, Northeast Texas Public Health District and other agencies.
IF YOU FEEL SICK AND/OR EXPERIENCING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS, OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS COVID-19:
- FOR KC STUDENTS: For students who test positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive must call (903) 983-8219 for return-to-campus/class protocols.
- FOR KC EMPLOYEES: For employees who test positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive must contact Human Resources for return-to-work protocols at (903) 983-8102.
Illness and Symptom Monitoring:
- Please monitor yourself daily for potential symptoms.
- Find out more at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
- If you are sick and/or experiencing COVID-related symptoms, please stay home.
Recommendations to keep yourself and others safe:
- Vaccinations are highly recommended and are free. (Clinics held at KC and most CVS, Walgreens and Walmart pharmacies provide the vaccinations at no cost)
- Practice social distancing and wear a face covering if you feel it is necessary.
- Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have COVID related symptoms, which may or may not include fever
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have symptoms, or have tested positive for COVID-19, remain isolated from others for at least 10 days from the onset of symptoms/test date. Do not end the quarantine unless:
- Kilgore College offers regular in person, hybrid and online courses.
- Please check the course schedule in AccessKC or visit with your advisor about which format is right for you.
- Kilgore College does not require students or employees to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
- If you decide to get vaccinated, vaccinations are available locally at various pharmacies and urgent care clinics.
- KC is also hosting vaccination clinics in the Parks Fitness Center.
- For information on COVID-19 protocols for housing, click on the “View FAQs for returning to campus” link on this webpage.
Limitations on Campus Visitors:
- At this time, there are no limitations on visitors to campus or any KC instructional site.
- The college will continue to evaluate this situation and adjust accordingly if the number of cases resurges.
Questions or concerns? Let us know!
- KC has established the email address email@example.com to answer questions from the KC community.
- A hotline (903-988-3747) is available Mondays through Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.