The Kilgore College Welding Technology Program and the KC Welding Club hosted a welding contest April 28 that drew students from 17 area school districts.
Chancy Northern of Woodville High School earned first place, winning a $1,500 scholarship for the KC Welding Technology Program.
- First Place: Chancy Northern, Woodville ISD
- Second Place: James Hendrix, Kilgore ISD
- Third Place: Kamrin Frankens, Woodville ISD
- Fourth Place: Eric Diaz, Longview ISD
- Fifth Place: Jonathan Tellez, Longview ISD
- Sixth Place: Wade Alston, Magnolia West ISD
- Seventh Place: Manuel Moreno, Longview ISD
- Eighth Place: Grant Shannon, Mount Enterprise ISD
- Ninth Place: Mason Reeves, Cushing ISD
- Tenth Place: Eduardo Salazar, Longview ISD
Winners of the contest received KC Welding Technology scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,500 and additional welding-related prizes.
Participating school districts were Como-Pickton, Cushing, Douglass, Huntsville, Jacksonville, Joaquin, Kilgore, Livingston, Longview, Magnoila West, Mount Enterprise, Pine Tree, Rosebud-Lott, Sabine, Tatum, Tyler and Woodville.
Sponsors for the event included Gas and Supply, Miller Electric, Eastman Chemical Company, General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, ESAB, Lincoln Electric, Harris Products Group, Skeeter Performance Boats and Norton Abrasives.
Welding Technology at KC is taught by instructors Cody Edwards and Josh Bernethy.
For more information on the KC Welding Technology Program, visit www.kilgore.edu/welding.