Kilgore College’s East Texas Police Academy will host a Basic Peace Officer Course graduation ceremony Feb. 20 for the 323rd class of the ETPA.
The graduation, set for 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, will be held in the Devall Ballroom on the Kilgore campus.
The BPOC is an intensive 775-hour licensing course. Following successful completion of the BPOC, students meeting the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) licensing requirements are eligible to take the peace officer licensing test.
For more information on the ETPA, visit www.kilgore.edu/etpa.
- Brad Barthol: Sponsored by San Augustine Co. Sheriff’s Office
- Laura Barton: Sponsored by Smith Co. Fire Marshal’s Office
- Caleb Caldwell: Sponsored by Marshall PD
- Blake Dickerson: Sponsored by Longview PD
- James Hemphill: Sponsored by Van PD
- Mario Ponce: Sponsored by Marshall PD
- Charles Taylor: Sponsored by Kilgore PD
- Jaylin Thornton: Sponsored by Longview PD
- Kyle Tucker: Sponsored by Longview PD
- Rodney Vorndam: Sponsored by Boerne PD
About the ETPA:
The ETPA is dedicated to meeting the pre-service and in-service training needs of the officers, agencies and communities of Northeast Texas and has provided law enforcement training since the academy's inception in 1966. ETPA provides a huge array of classes throughout the East Texas Council of Governments and Ark-Tex Council of Governments service delivery areas. The academy strives to provide the most progressive, professional, and effective law enforcement training possible.