The Kilgore College Diesel Technology program held its fourth annual Diesel Technology ASE Awards Ceremony July 27 at KC-Longview.
Seventeen students were awarded certificates with 100 percent of the graduating class passing at least one ASE Student Certification test.
After completing the one-year, 42-hour certificate, students tested in the areas of engines, brakes, steering and electrical. Forty percent of the students passed all four tests; 33 percent of students passed three out-of-four tests; and 17 percent students passed two of the four tests.
ASE Student Certification is the first step in building a career as a service professional in the automotive industry.
Marking the completion of career-entry studies for medium/heavy-duty trucks, these tests provide students with their first industry certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
Certifications are also available for automotive technology, collision repair and refinishing.
The Diesel Technology program at KC is taught by Charles Childers.
For more information on the program visit www.kilgore.edu/diesel-tech.
Graduates listed by hometown:
- Chapel Hill, TX: Mondrel Lindsey
- Gilmer, TX: Curtis Reid
- Kilgore, TX: Chuckie James
- Lindale, TX: Kalen Severe
- Longview, TX: Darren Christian
- Longview, TX: Pedro Gomez, Jr.
- Longview, TX: Mariano Hernandez
- Longview, TX: David Loza
- Longview, TX: James McCray
- Longview, TX: Christopher Riccardi
- Longview, TX: Jojan Sanchez
- Longview, TX: Cory Wilson
- Marshall, TX: Danny Dominguez
- Troup, TX: David Hammons
- Tyler, TX: Jason Ambrose
- Tyler, TX: Cordalro Warren
- Waskom, TX: Kyle Tyler