The Kilgore College Diesel Technology program held its third annual Diesel Technology ASE Certificate Distribution Ceremony June 30, awarding certificates to 20 students with 100 percent of the graduating class passing at least one ASE Student Certification test.
After completing the one-year, 42-hour certificate, students tested in the areas of engines, brakes, steering and electrical. Twelve of the students passed all four tests; five students passed three out of four tests; and two students passed two of the four tests.
ASE Student Certification is the first step in building a career as a service professional in the automotive industry.
Marking the completion of career-entry studies for medium/heavy-duty trucks, these tests provide students with their first industry certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
Certifications are also available for automotive technology, collision repair and refinishing.
The Diesel Technology program at KC is taught by Charles Childers.
For more information on the program visit www.kilgore.edu/diesel-tech.
Graduates listed by hometown:
- Chandler, TX: Darius Elder
- Hawkins, TX: Henry Workman Jr.
- Henderson, TX: Juan Colis and LaKeith Johnson
- Kilgore, TX: Justin Boggus, Jose Chico, Michael Chubb, Robert Lewis, Brandon Martin, Luis Martinez and Hayden Zuniga.
- Longview, TX: LaMario Ashton, Jacob Dean, Jesse Hughes, Coby Thomas and Richard Webb.
- Overton: Eduardo Valverde-Vargas
- Perry, GA: Wayne O'Neal
- Quitman: Anthony Boykin
- Tyler: Erick Castrejon