The Kilgore College Diesel Technology program awarded 16 students with certificates at its fifth annual Diesel Technology ASE Awards Ceremony July 19 at KC-Longview.
One-hundred percent of the graduating class passed at least two ASE Student Certification tests.
After completing the one-year, 42-hour certificate, students were tested in the areas of engines, brakes, steering/suspension, electrical and inspection maintenance and minor repair for medium and heavy-duty trucks.
Sixty percent of the students passed all five tests.
ASE Entry-Level Certification (formerly called the Student Certification) is the first step in building a career as a service professional in the trucking industry.
Marking the completion of career-entry studies for medium/heavy-duty trucks, these tests provide students with their first industry certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
The Diesel Technology program at KC is taught by Charles Childers.
For more information on the program visit www.kilgore.edu/diesel-tech.
Graduates listed by hometown:
- Cooper, TX: Dylan Mark Owen
- Gilmer, TX: Timothy Wayne Cregler
- Gilmer, TX: Ernst Vanderlaan, Jr.
- Gladewater, TX: Justin Wade Simmons
- Hallsville, TX: Miguel Angel Garcia
- Henderson: Steven John-Thomas Stegall
- Kilgore, TX: Sheldon Bullard
- Kilgore, TX: Briant D. Mumphrey
- Kilgore, TX: Colton Cheyenne Norton
- Kilgore, TX: Khassim Harold Rahming
- Longview, TX: Sean Tyler Huffman
- Longview, TX: Tyler Paul James
- Longview, TX: Andrew Jayson Lee
- Marshall, TX: Elvis Hernandez
- Royse City, TX: Blane Riley Bayless
- Tyler, TX: Jared Mitchell Neumeyer