Kilgore College has been re-approved by the Department of Veteran Affairs to train veterans and other eligible persons under the provisions of Section 3675, Chapter 36, Title 38, United States Code.
The re-validation means that all programs listed in the 2018-19 KC Academic Catalog and several continuing education courses are approved by the federal government for veteran education.
KC is approved to offer courses to veterans through the following types of training: resident, independent study, practical training, cooperative training, open-circuit TV and developmental/remedial.
For re-approval, the Texas Veterans Commission looks for precise record-keeping, academic progress of students, quality of the instruction/training and educational experience qualifications of the instructions.
Approval was granted for all programs listed in the KC 2018-19 Academic Catalog and the following Continuing Education programs:
- Advanced Welding Academy 1
- Advanced Welding Academy 2
- Advanced Welding Academy 3
- Basic Firefighter Academy
- Basic Online Firefighter Academy
- Basic County Corrections
- Basic Peace Officer (Day & Night)
- Commercial Driving License
- Electrical Lineman Power Technology
- Human Resources Specialist
- Nursing Assistant (CAN)
- Medication Administration
- Industrial & Residential Electrical Technology