Some performance scholarships are awarded to students involved in a fine/performing arts program at KC that include: Visual Art, KC Band, Communications, KC Choral/Vocal, Dance, Rangerettes, Theatre and KC Twirlers.
Priority Scholarship Funding Date: May 1, 2020
The Band Director is Brent Farmer. Interested students should directly contact him at (903) 983-8272 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Band scholarships are available to incoming students with the additional criteria
- Any student graduating in good standing from their high school bands
- A letter of recommendation from the high school band director is required
The contact person for the choral/vocal scholarship is Dr. Mary Heiden. Call (903) 983-8120 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Dance Department at Kilgore College offers an intensive program in ballet, modern dance, tap and jazz. Interested parties should call (903) 983-8633.
- Dance students are required to take all the dance courses offered each semester
- Students are required to maintain a 2.5 GPA with a minimum of 12 hours
- Students must audition in mid-April
- The scholarship is renewable for four semesters upon meeting requirements
Kilgore College offers Band, Choral/Vocal and Guitar scholarships.
All of the music programs require the following criteria:
- Each requires participation in at least one ensemble relating to the area offering the scholarship.
- Scholarships are contingent upon the individual students’ musical accomplishments, (all-region/all-area/all-state or solo/ensemble).
- An audition will be set up by the respective department staff.
- Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA with at least 12 hours.
- Students’ schedule must include at least two non-music academic classes.
The Rangerette Director is Dana Blair. The Assistant Director is Shelley Wayne. You may contact them at (903) 983-8273 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can download a Rangerette tryout packet from the Rangerette website.
- All Rangerette Hopefuls are required to complete Pre-Training prior to tryouts,
- Tryouts are held in a closed session in July.
- There is a fee for room and board for pre-training. This payment is non-refundable.
- Scholarships are awarded after pre-training to those who are selected.
- Rangerettes must maintain a 2.5 GPA with a minimum of 12 hours.
The KC Twirlers perform at athletic events and special performances with the KC Ranger Band. KC Twirler applications can be downloaded from the www.kilgore.edu website. The KC Twirler instructor is Jordan Jenkins. Call her at (903) 658-2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visual Arts Scholarships:
The Kilgore College Art Scholarship is designed to attract students to Kilgore College who possess outstanding talent and ability. To apply the student may contact the Kilgore College Visual Arts Chairman, Larry Kitchen, at (903) 983-8166 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Eligibility (Art Symposium winners are exempt from items A-C):
High school seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Enhanced ACT composite score of 21 or SAT composite of 820 or higher
- High school average of 85 or higher
- Class rank of top 50 percent
Students currently enrolled at KC must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a 2.25 grade average on at least 12 hours per semester
- Be enrolled in at least one Visual Arts program
- Maintain a “B” average in Visual Arts courses
The Kilgore College Scholarship Committee will review, evaluate, select and notify recipients. Recipients must notify the committee, in writing, of their intention to accept or reject the award.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP (pdf)