What is the Risk Management Institute?
The Risk Management Institute offers free safety courses through a generous grant from the Texas Mutual Insurance Company. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and certificates will be awarded upon successful completion of each course. There is no cost, but pre-registration is required.
- April-May 2019 schedule (pdf)
The following courses are offered periodically:
- OSHA Construction: 10 hours
- OSHA Construction: 30 hours
- OSHA General Industry: 10 hours
- OSHA General Industry 30 hours
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety Awareness Training: 8 hours
- Recordkeeping & Workers Compensation: 8 hours
- Leadership & Management Skills for Safety Supervisors: 8 hours
- How to Develop Your Safety Training Program: 8 hours
- Spanish for Safety Supervisors: 24 hours
- Slips/Trips/Falls/Incident Reports: 8 hours
- Disaster Management: 8 hours
- Workplace Violence: 8 hours
- DOT Rules & Regulations: 8 hours
- Driving Distractions Safety Awareness: 8 hours
- 24-Hour Hazwoper: 24 hours
- Conducting Safety Audits: 8 hours
The Risk Management Institute is funded generously by a grant from Texas Mutual Insurance Company.