About the program:
- The next Phlebotomy course will begin Jan. 4, 2019, for the spring semester
- Students will learn the medical practice of opening a vein and drawing blood.
- Students completing the Phlebotomy training will test for the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians national certification.
- Additional expenses include the required textbook ($165), national exam fee ($90), drug screen and background check ($44), Scantrons, clinical attire ($45 if needed), vaccinations, documentation and CPR certification ($35).
Fall 2018 PLAB 1023 and PLAB 1060 Clinicals:
- Next class begins Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019
- Classroom: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Tuesdays for 13 weeks)
- Classroom: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., (Thursdays for the first 7 weeks)
- Clinical: Assigned 100 hours starting after week 7 (usually meeting Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Minimum age of 18 years old prior to first class day
- Minimum education of high school diploma or GED
Pre-application Assessments and Interview:
Prospective students must test and interview prior to submitting an application for the upcoming course:
Work Keys assessments:
- Reading for Information-Healthcare
- Locating Information-Healthcare
- Applied Math-Healthcare
WorkKeys assessments are given at Kilgore College Adult Education Building (Kilgore campus). Please call 903-983-8661 to register by phone ($35.00).
- Please call 903-983-8645 to register by phone ($50). Please leave a message if no one answers. You will receive a call back.
- Deadline for spring class WorkKeys submission: Students will be contacted after Project Director receives WorkKeys Assessment.
- There is no need to submit scores.
Application requirements if selected:
Individuals invited to enter the program will be considered pre-admission until after providing these required documents:
- Application and registration form
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of high school diploma, transcript or GED
- Documentation of basic or childhood immunizations
- A current negative drug test
- A current clear background check
- A current negative tuberculosis skin test
- Documentation of starting or completing the Hepatitis B vaccination
Location of Classroom Sessions:
Kilgore College Bert E. Woodruff Adult Education Center
220 N. Henderson Blvd.
Kilgore TX 75662
NOTE: For students in this course who may have a criminal background, please be advised that the background could keep you from being licensed by the State of Texas. If you have a question about your background and licensure, please speak with your faculty member or the department chair. You also have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter from the applicable licensing agency.