Pharmacy Technician Program:
The Pharmacy Technician Program at Kilgore College is now selecting applicants to enter the new Pharmacy Technician Program.
- Class Dates: Aug. 22 to Dec. 8, 2022
- Application Deadline: Aug. 1 to submit application and WorkKeys assessment
- Classes: PHRA 1001 (64 hours), PHRA 1013 (64 hours), PHRA 1005 (80 hours), PHRA 1061 (100 hours)
- Length: 16 weeks, 308 total hours
- Tuition: $1,872, textbooks are approximately $231 (not included in tuition) Students must complete all requirements successfully to be able to sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Test.
The Pharmacy Technician program covers a combination of classroom instruction and hands on training in a re alistic pharmacy setting and will prepare you for a rewarding new career as a pharmacy technician. Our experi enced and supportive staff is committed to providing you with a quality educational experience. Students completing the Pharmacy Technician training will test for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification.
To register: Click here for more information.
For students in this course who may have a criminal background, please be advised that the background could keep you from being licensed by the State of Texas. If you have a question about your background and licensure, please speak with your faculty member or the department chair. You also have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter from the applicable licensing agency.
In order to give our students a more tactile learning environment, Kilgore College has partnered with PioneerRx Pharmacy Software. With the top pharmacy management system, we can emulate the everyday functions and situations that occur everyday in pharmacy. To learn more, visit https://www.pioneerrx.com/ and see what real pharmacists across the nation are saying about PioneerRx at http://www.pharmacysoftwarereviews.com/.