About the KC Electric Power Technology Program:
Students looking for a good-paying career straight out of high school have a viable option through Kilgore College’s Electric Power Technology Certificate. The 10-week course of study will award those who graduate with an electrical power certificate which will allow them to go right to work for an electric power company or contractor. The Kilgore College Electric Power Technology Certificate is an approved WIOA program.
KCEPT Vendor Night:
- 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, 2019, in the commons area of the Whitten Applied Technology Center, (1306 S. Henderson Blvd. on the Kilgore campus)
You must have a valid Class ‘A’ CDL Permit to be accepted in the program.
Veterans may be eligible for veterans’ benefits. Questions regarding VA Benefits, Hazelwood Exemption, etc. should be directed to Angie Rice at (903) 988-7420 or email@example.com.
The Kilgore College Electrical Power Technology falls under Continuing Education and therefore is not eligible for academic scholarships, grants or payment plans (FAFSA).
The next class begins Jan. 13, 2020:
Orientation info and application deadlines:
- Free Information Session for the next course: 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, 2019*
- Registration deadline: 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, 2019
- Mandatory orientation: 8 a.m. Jan. 10, 2019
- Class dates: Jan. 13 to March 19, 2020
- Lineman Rodeo and Graduation: March 20, 2020
* Information sessions are held in Room 109 in the Whitten Applied Technology Center located at 1306 S. Henderson Blvd., Kilgore, Texas, 75662.
- American Electric Power - Shreveport, La.
- Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative
- Deep EastTexas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Company, LLC
- ETI Equipment Technology, Inc.
- Houston County Electric Cooperative
- Panola-Harrison Electric Cooperative
- Rusk County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative
- Upshur Rural Electric Cooperative Corp.
- Wood County Electric Cooperative, Inc.