About the KC Electric Power Technology Program:
Students looking for a good-paying career straight out of high school have a viable option through Kilgore College’s Electric Power Technology Certificate. The 10-week course of study will award those who graduate with an electrical power certificate which will allow them to go right to work for an electric power company or contractor. The Kilgore College Electric Power Technology Certificate is an approved WIOA program.
Registration underway for April 2023 KCEPT Certificate class:
Application Deadline is March 10, 2023. Registration will be accepted only if class space is available when prerequisites (WorkKeys assessments, Class A CDL permit, DOT physical, submission of transcripts and proof of health insurance) are met.
Contact Rob Horn at (903) 988-7576 with any questions.
Tuition dollars are available through grants!
There are tuition dollars available for qualified students thanks to a Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG). Click here for more information on how to apply for these grants.
Have questions or need more info?
Email us to ask any questions or to learn more about the program.
You must have a valid Class ‘A’ CDL Permit to be accepted in the program.
The Academy is an approved WIA course and is also eligible for veterans benefits.
The Kilgore College Electrical Power Technology falls under Continuing Education and therefore is not eligible for academic scholarships, grants or payment plans (FAFSA).
- American Electric Power - Shreveport, La.
- Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative
- Deep EastTexas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Company, LLC
- ETI Equipment Technology, Inc.
- Houston County Electric Cooperative
- Panola-Harrison Electric Cooperative
- Rusk County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative
- Upshur Rural Electric Cooperative Corp.
- Wood County Electric Cooperative, Inc.