About the KC Electric Power Technology Program:
Students looking for a good-paying career straight out of high school have a viable option through Kilgore College’s Electric Power Technology Certificate. The 10-week course of study will award those who graduate with an electrical power certificate which will allow them to go right to work for an electric power company or contractor. The Kilgore College Electric Power Technology Certificate is an approved WIOA program.
KCEPT Information Session:
- 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, in Room 109 of the ATC Whitten Building, (1306 S. Henderson Blvd. on the Kilgore campus)
You must have a valid Class ‘A’ CDL Permit to be accepted in the program.
Veterans may be eligible for veterans’ benefits. Questions regarding VA Benefits, Hazelwood Exemption, etc. should be directed to Angie Rice at (903) 988-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kilgore College Electrical Power Technology falls under Continuing Education and therefore is not eligible for academic scholarships, grants or payment plans (FAFSA).
The next class begins April 8, 2019:
Orientation info and application deadlines:
- Free Information Session for the next course: 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, 2019*
- Application deadline: 5 p.m. Feb. 22, 2019
- Mandatory orientation after acceptance into the courses: April 5, 2019
- Classes end with a Lineman Rodeo and Graduation: June 14, 2019
* Information sessions are held at the Whitten Applied Technology Center located at 1306 S. Henderson Blvd., Kilgore, Texas, 75662.
- American Electric Power - Shreveport, La.
- Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative
- Deep EastTexas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Company, LLC
- ETI Equipment Technology, Inc.
- Houston County Electric Cooperative
- Panola-Harrison Electric Cooperative
- Rusk County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative
- Upshur Rural Electric Cooperative Corp.
- Wood County Electric Cooperative, Inc.