About the KC Electric Power Technology Program:
Students looking for a good-paying career straight out of high school have a viable option through Kilgore College’s Electric Power Technology Certificate. The 10-week course of study will award those who graduate with an electrical power certificate which will allow them to go right to work for an electric power company or contractor. The Kilgore College Electric Power Technology Certificate is an approved WIOA program.
You must have a valid Class ‘A’ CDL Permit to be accepted in the program.
Veterans may be eligible for veterans’ benefits. Questions regarding VA Benefits, Hazelwood Exemption, etc. should be directed to Angie Rice at (903) 988-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kilgore College Electrical Power Technology falls under Continuing Education and therefore is not eligible for academic scholarships, grants or payment plans (FAFSA).
Apply for the April 2021 class:
All openings for the January 2021 KCEPT class have been filled. Applications for the April 2021 class are being accepted. Contact Rob Horn at (903) 988-7576 with any questions.
Vendor Tool Night set for Nov. 19:
Students taking the lineman program beginning in January are invited to Vendor Tool Night set for 4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 19, in the Whitten Applied Technology Center, 1306 S. Henderson Blvd, Kilgore, TX 75662. JL Matthews, Texas Metering Devices, and Nardis Safety will be at the event.
- American Electric Power - Shreveport, La.
- Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative
- Deep EastTexas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Company, LLC
- ETI Equipment Technology, Inc.
- Houston County Electric Cooperative
- Panola-Harrison Electric Cooperative
- Rusk County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative
- Upshur Rural Electric Cooperative Corp.
- Wood County Electric Cooperative, Inc.