About the KC Electric Power Technology Program:
Students looking for a good-paying career straight out of high school have a viable option through Kilgore College’s Electric Power Technology Certificate. The 10-week course of study will award those who graduate with an electrical power certificate which will allow them to go right to work for an electric power company or contractor. The Kilgore College Electric Power Technology Certificate is an approved WIOA program.
KCEPT Vendor Night:
- 4 p.m. Thursday, March 13, 2020, in the commons area of the Whitten Applied Technology Center, (1306 S. Henderson Blvd. on the Kilgore campus)
You must have a valid Class ‘A’ CDL Permit to be accepted in the program.
If prospective lineman students need their CDL permit, the KC Transportation Institute has two classes available before April classes start.
- Feb. 24-28, 2020
- April 6-10, 2020
Veterans may be eligible for veterans’ benefits. Questions regarding VA Benefits, Hazelwood Exemption, etc. should be directed to Angie Rice at (903) 988-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kilgore College Electrical Power Technology falls under Continuing Education and therefore is not eligible for academic scholarships, grants or payment plans (FAFSA).
The next class begins April 13, 2020:
Orientation info and application deadlines:
- Free Information Session for the next course: 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, 2020*
- Registration deadline: 5 p.m. Monday, March 2, 2020
- Mandatory orientation: April 10, 2020
- Class dates: April 13 to June 18, 2020
- Lineman Rodeo and Graduation: June 19, 2020
* Information sessions are held in Room 109 in the Whitten Applied Technology Center located at 1306 S. Henderson Blvd., Kilgore, Texas, 75662.
- American Electric Power - Shreveport, La.
- Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative
- Deep EastTexas Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Company, LLC
- ETI Equipment Technology, Inc.
- Houston County Electric Cooperative
- Panola-Harrison Electric Cooperative
- Rusk County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative
- Upshur Rural Electric Cooperative Corp.
- Wood County Electric Cooperative, Inc.