What is eLearning?
Kilgore College eLearning allows you more flexibility in your learning by studying online on your own time. Time spent on campus is minimized to earn your associate degree, start a new career as a firefighter, become a real estate inspector or expand your education by taking one of the hundreds of credit and non-credit courses we offer online.
KC offers a wide variety of courses online:
KC eLearning offers a wide variety of online courses and online students have a complete array of support services available to help them succeed. Books can be ordered online through the KC bookstore and shipped directly to you. Financial aid, including our new loan program, is available to all qualified students, including those taking online courses. The testing center has extended hours to serve our working students and some may opt to take their proctored tests at home (for an additional fee). Our library has a full slate of resources available to you. The eLearning Help Desk is ready to help you past any obstacles that you may encounter.
How to access KC's online courses:
Students should log on to the KC portal at https://accesskc.kilgore.edu/ICS. After logging in, click on the KC Blackboard link located on the Quick Links menu or access it directly here: kilgore.blackboard.com.
Login instructions are located on the Login page.
- Class Availability: Most courses are not available until the first official day of the semester.
- Username: Use the first four letters of your last name + the first four letters of your first name + the last four numbers of your student ID. Example: lastfirs1234
- Password: Use your AccessKC password. Default = Student + four-digit month & day of birth. Example: Student0214
- Changing Passwords: If you change your AccessKC password, your Blackboard password will also change.
- Password assistance: IT Help Desk - firstname.lastname@example.org or (903) 988-7522
- Technical assistance: eLearning Help Desk - email@example.com or (903) 988-3701
- All other questions: Contact your instructor.
Are you having trouble accessing eLearning or need to change your password?
If you are experiencing issues accessing eLearning or you need to change your password, click here for more information.
Online course sharing through DigiTex:
Kilgore College is now a member of the new course sharing company called DigiTex, formerly known as the Virtual College of Texas (VCT). DigiTex is a statewide consortium that provides, as one of its services, course sharing between community colleges in Texas. If students are unable to take a course at KC because the course is not offered during the current semester, students are able to take the course online from another college through DigiTex course sharing. Students will pay all course tuition and fees to KC and will take the course online from a college that is teaching the needed course. Upon completion of the course, grades are automatically sent back to KC and will appear on the student's KC transcript. Proctored exams can be completed at the KC Testing Center, an approved high school, or other approved off-campus location. Contact the Distance Education office at KC for registration information at (903) 988-3701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some tests are offered through ProctorU.
Need specific info about online programs and/or degrees?
Contact the Counseling and Academic Advising office.