December Mini Semester Class Schedule:
Dec. 12-28, 2022 (all web classes)...
|ENGL 1301||COMPOSITION I||Bonnie Gale||WEB|
|ENGL 1302||COMPOSITION II||Stephanie Laszik||WEB|
|GOVT 2305||FEDERAL GOVERNMENT||Moser, Rick||WEB|
|GOVT 2306||TEXAS GOVERNMENT||Terri Rene Riggins||WEB|
|HIST 1302||U.S. HISTORY II||Meredith May||WEB|
|MUSI 1306||MUSIC APPRECIATION||Derrick Logozzo||WEB|
|PHIL 2301||INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY||Mark Arandia||WEB|
|PHIL 2306||INTRODUCTION TO ETHICS||Joseph Lewis||WEB|
|BCIS 1305||BUSINESS COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||Danny Darden||WEB|
NOTE: December Mini courses have minimum enrollment requirements and are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment. Please monitor your KC email account for any cancellations.
Earn credits when Kilgore College isn’t in session!
- December Mini is Dec. 12-28, 2022 (no assignments will be due Dec. 24th through Dec. 26th)
- Note: Students must begin the course and complete the attendance verification assignment on the first day of class.
Admissions for KC students:
- Students attending KC in the Fall 2022 semester can early register
- KC December 2022 graduates must have an application for the Spring 2023 semester on file in order to enroll in the December Mini, which begins on the Monday after graduation.
Admissions for students from other schools:
Transient Students are those previously enrolled at another college or university who attend Kilgore College for the December Mini term or Spring semester only and then return to their previous college or university. Transient Students cannot use financial aid awarded by their home institution at Kilgore College.
When applying for admission, use ApplyTexas and select the "Spring" semester. December Mini students should also use the spring admissions application. On ApplyTexas, select the Non Degree-Seeking Academic major option. Also indicate you are a transient-seeking a degree elsewhere on the application. If a transient student decides to continue at KC, the student must reapply as a transfer student and meet all transfer admission requirements.
Students must request an official transcript from the school which they are currently attending be sent to Kilgore College. Proof of other prerequisites may be required if the student has attended more than one college. All visiting students should consult their academic advisor to ensure applicability of courses prior to KC registration. It is the responsibility of the transient student to request an official KC transcript be sent to their home institution: https://www.kilgore.edu/transcripts
- Registration is open through noon on Thursday, Dec. 8, 2022.
- Payment is due at time of registration.
- Due to the fast pace of the mini term as well as course content and rigor, students are limited to take only one course during the December Mini term.
Web-based classes/testing fee information:
- Proctor U online testing service is required at additional charge.
- Details at www.proctoru.com/portal/kilgore.
- There will be a separate testing expense (estimated $50-$75 per course).
The KC Bookstore in Kilgore will be open on the following dates/times for December Mini classes:
- Monday, Dec. 12 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Dec. 13 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Dec. 14 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Thursday, Dec. 15 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Contact the KC Bookstore if special arrangements need to be made.
How do I log on to my class?
- By the first class day, log on at https://kilgore.blackboard.com.
- Logon instructions are on the Blackboard home page.
Need more help with web classes?
- Contact the eLearning Help Desk 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays-Thursdays, and 7:45 a.m. to Noon on Fridays.
- • If you need technical support, please contact the Help Desk at (903) 988-7522.
- If you need help outside of these dates and times, please contact your instructor.