About the program:
This program prepares students as entry-level service technicians in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration fields. Students who graduate from this program can install, maintain and repair equipment and accessory units for commercial, residential and industrial usage. Students also study the repair of home appliances, such as ice makers, window air conditioners, freezers and refrigerators.
- It's a 12-month program in the growing field of HVAC-R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)
- Jobs are open right now locally in East Texas and around the nation
- Graduates can work for established companies or develop their own business with unlimited income potential
- Tuition is affordable and tuition assistance and financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Classes are forming right now for the next semester
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) training and testing is available
- R-410A Training and testing is available
UT Tyler Roadmap to Success - Industrial Technology:
The Roadmap to Success was created by Kilgore College and The University of Texas at Tyler Longview University Center to get you started on your career path to a degree in Industrial Technology in an efficient and affordable way, close to home. Enroll in Kilgore College courses necessary to complete a degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology, Diesel Technology, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Corrosion Technology, Drafting Design Technology, Instrumentation and Electrical Technology or Process Technology. Many of the courses required by Kilgore College to complete an AAS degree will transfer to UT Tyler’s BS in Industrial Technology degree.
- HART Associate Degree (2018-2019)
- HVACR Technician Certificate - 42-Hour (2018-2019)
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology (2018-2019)