About the program:
Intensive College Readiness (ICR) is a special program of study at Kilgore College developed specifically for non-traditional students who have never attended college. Individuals who recently completed a GED or who earned a high school diploma at least three years ago may qualify for this program. The program is intensive and requires a strong commitment. At the completion of the program, participants will be prepared to enter college-level courses and will have learned the skills that will prepare them to be successful students.
What will students gain from the program?
- Free reading, writing and math instruction and tutoring
- Familiarity and understanding of responsibilities of a college student
- Free TSI (Texas-mandated exam for college placement)
- Free registration session all at no cost to the student
- Free financial aid counseling