Write Your Future is Kilgore College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) developed to satisfy requirements for KC’s upcoming reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Every 10 years, KC must implement a five-year plan to improve student learning outcomes and/or student success. If approved by the SACSCOC on-site team that will visit KC Oct. 1-4, the QEP will officially kick off in Fall 2019.
Below is a brief summary of the goal and strategies for KC’s QEP.
What is the goal of the QEP?
The goal of the QEP at Kilgore College is to enhance student writing
What are the strategies of the QEP?
(phased in over the five-year period):
- Add Grammar Boot Camp as part of English 1301-Composition I.
- Establish Writing Studios in Kilgore and Longview staffed by professional tutors. Online writing support will be provided through Tutor.com (View instructions on how to use Tutor.com)
- Provide professional development and support to core curriculum faculty to help improve student performance on writing assignments.
Resources for students:
- Visit College Center Plus for Reading, Grammar, and Writing skills reviews.
Resources for Instructors:
- Click here for an online version of the professional development session by Jase Graves entitled, "Assigning, Grading, and Supporting Academic Honesty on College-Level Writing Assignments."