Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Statement:
Kilgore College is unwavering in preserving a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are passionate about all students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders who make up the college system. Our passion is fueled by the desire to welcome all with open arms regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, age, national origin, religion, ability status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, physical appearance, and diverse thoughts. We are steadfast in keeping our culture centered on respecting the uniqueness of all and destroying barriers. Kilgore College is resolute in its pledge to true Radical Hospitality by focusing on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We are Kilgore College!
- Diversity: Kilgore College embraces and is committed to a diverse culture, including diverse thoughts (ideas, values, and perceptions). We respect and value everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, age, national origin, religion, ability status, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, and physical appearance.
- Equity: Kilgore College is devoted to building safeguards for all individuals by promoting fair treatment, removing barriers, creating access, opportunity, and advancement, and improving equity with procedures and processes for students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Inclusion: Kilgore College does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. Our values of inclusion are ensuring that all individuals are treated with dignity and respect, celebrating freedom of authenticity, and providing a strong and supportive atmosphere. Our inclusive environment embraces differences and offers respect in words and actions for all people. We are committed to these values.
A Proclamation for National Hispanic Heritage Month:
Kilgore College is proud to acknowledge Hispanic/Latin X Heritage Month. Hispanic Heritage Month takes place from September 15 to October 15 every year to recognize and celebrate the essential contributions of the Hispanic community. This recognition includes the contributions from noted individuals in the academic curriculum. The learning community provided by KC is a great place to read about the contributions of Latinx and Hispanic authors, historians, scientists, musicians, and many more.
It is essential to highlight the successes of individuals of Latin descent in the learning environment, but the salient characteristics do not end there. Our growing international student population continues to infuse the campuses with even more profound contributions; there is not one single story but a multitude which should be illuminated. Not all heroes are not found in textbooks. KC believes in recognizing our faculty, staff, and students who come from various communities, and, in many cases, represent a cultural significance which does not seek to isolate but weave into the fabric of America. We will invite the community to celebrate with us during the aforementioned four-week period. Festivities can be found announced on our website and social media platforms. Additionally, the KC campus will celebrate faculty, staff, and students to come together and experience some of the traditions from the Latinx culture in fun and games.
Finally, Kilgore College is extremely excited to announce that David Romero (www.davidaromero.com) will be the highlighted guest speaker. On behalf of KC, Let’s Celebrate!
DEI Committee at KC:
- Co-Chairs: Ebony Allison-Dennis & Cori Holden-Williams
- Vice-Chair: Portia Scott
- Other committee members: Estonia Graves, Hollyann Davis, Manny Almanza, Rene' Wiley, Jesseca Watson, and student Stanley “Rocky" Roquemore.