College classes taken at your High School.
to the Kilgore College Tech Prep page. If you are a high school junior or senior,
you can accelerate your career by earning college credits while still in high
Program of study offered in many area high schools. High school students may earn college credits toward an Associate of Applied Science degree through their high school.
Earn credits in these exciting fields:
• Advertising/Graphic Design (ATC only)
• Child Development/Early Childhood*
• Computer Networking*
• Drafting Design Technology*
• Industrial Management*
• Occupational Safety and Health (ATC only)
• Office Professional*
• Management including Retail and Industrial Specialization*
• Welding Technology (ATC only)
There are two ways to get credit:
Take Articulated High School Courses.
•Complete “Content Enhanced Career/Technology” courses now,
and earn college credits after you enroll at Kilgore College in an applied program.
•No tuition! There’s just a small transcript posting fee.
1. Students who complete content enhanced career/technology courses in high
school may be eligible for college credit after enrolling in technical programs
at Kilgore College.
2. Some articulated courses are honored statewide; others apply only between
your high school and Kilgore. Your High School counselor will know which apply
3. Credit is awarded AFTER you enroll in a technical program at Kilgore College
AND complete a required number of regular (non-developmental) courses.
4. There is no tuition! All you pay is a one-time fee of $25 to cover a transcript
Take Dual Credit Courses
• Enroll at Kilgore College before you graduate and earn both high school
and college credit at the same time.
• Pay low Kilgore College tuition rates.
1. Your high school may allow you to enroll at Kilgore College before you graduate
and earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
2. You must take and pass the TAKS.
3. Both academic and technical courses may be taken
4. College tuition will be charged unless your local High School pays it for
you. (Check with your High School counselor)
To find out more, please talk to
your high school counselor, Career and Technology teacher or call Kilgore College
at (903) 983-8150.
Or you may complete this form and our Tech Prep Advisor at
KC will contact you.
Program qualifies for the Texas Two-Step Project.
Credits will apply towards a bachelor's degree.
Techprep_high 01/11/07 v4