Site Tools
KC Maps | | |



Spring 2011
Schedule &

(Click here or on photo
at right to view
PDF version of
2011 Spring Schedule.
This may take a few
minutes to load.)

You will need a new version of
Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.

11 - (Tues) Late Registration, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Kilgore and Longview. Last day to pay without late payment fee. Web registration and web payment close at midnight.
12 - (Wed) No registration, no schedule changes, no payment accepted
14- (Fri) Drops/Withdrawals from school must be completed by close of business to receive 100 percent refund less $15 matriculation fee. Residence halls open at 9 a.m. Cafeteria opens at noon. Campus closes at 3 p.m.
17- (Mon) Campuses Closed - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
18- (Tues) First Class Day - 70 percent refund begins
18-19 - (Tues-Wed) Schedule changes can be made from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Jan. 18 through Feb. 7 - 70 percent refund for dropped courses or withdrawal from school
21 - (Fri) Last day to set up installment plan for housing
25 - (Tues) $50 late fee begins.
2 - (Wed) 12th Class Day -- Official reporting day
8-14 - (Tues-Mon) 25 percent refund for dropped courses or withdrawal from school
14 - (Mon) 20th Class Day -- Last day for any refund
25 - (Fri) Student Services staff planning day (Most Student Services offices closed; some open with limited services.)
28 - (Mon) Refund, Scholarship and Pell balance funds available
MARCH 2011
1 - (Tues) Deadline for Spring Graduation Applications
11 - (Fri) Campus Closes at 3 p.m.
13 - (Sun) Daylight Savings Time: Set clocks forward one hour
14-18 - (Mon-Fri) Spring Break
APRIL 2011
1 - (Fri) Deadline - 1st Scholarship Consideration
11 - (Mon) Registration for Summer/Fall begins for current students
15 - (Fri) Last day to withdraw from enrollment or drop with a "W"
18 - (Mon) Registration for Summer/Fall begins for all students
22 - (Fri) Campuses Closed -- Good Friday
MAY 2011
9-12 - (Mon-Thurs) Final Exams
13 - (Fri) Graduation at 5:30 p.m. for AAS and Certificate of Completion. Graduation at 8 p.m. for AA, AS, AAT recipients. Cafeteria closes at 1:15 p.m. Residence halls close at 2 p.m.
16 - (Mon) Grades due in Registrar's Office by 10 a.m.
17 - (Tues) Grades available at Campus Connect. Grades WILL NOT be mailed.

Most Frequent asked Questions:

Q) When is Spring Registration for all students?

A) Registration information:

• Web registration: Through midnight, Jan. 11, 2011.
• In-Person Registration: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2011

Back To Top

Q) I need a Spring '11 Course Schedule. Where do I get one?

A) Printed spring course schedules are available at campus locations in Kilgore and Longview. You can also check our Online Searchable Schedule or download the Spring 2011 Course Schedule (pdf).

Back To Top

Q) I am a new student to Kilgore College. What do I do?

A) To enroll at Kilgore College, we need a completed admissions application, your high school transcript or GED, and test scores. If you are transferring from another college we need your college transcripts. (H.S. transcript not needed). The state of Texas requires THEA scores for community college enrollment, but you may be THEA exempt by your scores on TAAS, ACT, TAKS or SAT tests. The Kilgore College Application for Admission is online and is free. Click here to go to the Application page.

First-time college students must register in person after their admission file is complete (Can register first time without transcript). Transfer students who have submitted documentation of test scores or exemption from testing and have no developmental requirements may Web register.

NOTE:Transcripts should be on file prior to first-time enrollment, but all required transcripts must be received before the next registration period or enrollment will be blocked. Transcripts should be sent from institution to institution. Hand-carried transcripts may not be considered official.

Back To Top

Q) I am a returning student and was enrolled in the Fall 2010 semester. I have no developmental requirements. What do I do?

A) Register online through Campus Connect. This is located under the "Current & Former Students" navigational tab.

Back To Top

Q) I am a returning student with developmental requirements. What do I do?

A) Please make an appointment to register with Academic Counseling. Call (903) 983-8206 for an appointment at the Kilgore campus or (903) 753-2642 for an appointment at KC—Longview. Students must take at least one class in Longview to register there.

Back To Top


Q) I am a former student who wasn't enrolled in Fall '10. What do I do?

A) Submit a Student Status Update and all transfer work since last attendance. If you have no developmental requirements, you will be cleared to register online. Students with developmental requirements must register with a counselor. Students who attended before 1986 must submit a new application for admission.

Back To Top

Q) I have to register in person. Do I do it in Longview or Kilgore?

A) It depends where the courses are taught. If any of your courses will be at KC—Longview, you may register there. The following programs are offered only in Longview and you should register at KC—Longview:

  • Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
  • Cosmetology
  • Court Reporting
  • Diesel Technology
  • Emergency Medical Technology
  • Industrial Maintenance Technology
  • Office Professional
  • Vocational Nursing

For all other programs and courses, you must register in Kilgore.

Back To Top

Q) When do I pay for registration?

A) Payment is due by midnight on Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2011.Because processing times vary, please begin web installment payment contracts before 11 p.m. on payment deadline dates. Failure to meet payment deadlines will result in classes being dropped. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. Tuition and fees info here.

Back To Top

Q) I have additional questions. Who do I call/where can I go?

A) We’re here to help! Call the Office of Recruitment Services at (903) 983-8209 or stop by the Recruitment Services Office on the first floor of the Devall Student Center on the Kilgore campus. We will be happy to answer your questions or direct you to the appropriate office or you can e-mail:

Back To Top


» Contact Information

Office of Recruitment Services
1100 Broadway
Kilgore, TX 75662
Phone: (903) 983-8209
Fax: (903) 988-7533

On campus location:
Devall Student Center, 1st floor

Office Hours
Monday-Thursday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4 p.m. *

NOTE: All KC offices close at either 3 or 3:30 p.m. on the last business day before major holidays/breaks.


updated 1-4-2011

Kilgore Campus: 1100 Broadway, (903) 984-8531 KC–Longview Campus: 300 S. High, (903) 753-2642
Copyrights by Kilgore College, 2000 - 2014  Kilgore College, 1100 Broadway, Kilgore, Texas 75662-3204 | 903-984-8531
If you experience any problems with this page, please contact our webmaster.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, please click here.

powered by Inhouse