Site Tools
KC Maps | | |



Spring 2009
Registration Information

Walk in (In Person) Registration is Tuesday-Wednesday, Jan. 6-7 at Kilgore (Devall Student Center) & Longview (Hendrix Building) campuses.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

(Click here or on photo
at right to view
PDF version of
2009 Spring Schedule)

2 - (Fri) Offices open (7:45 a.m.)
6-7 (Tues-Wed) - Registration on campuses from 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
7 - (Wed) Last day to pay without late payment fee
8 - (Thurs) No registration, no schedule changes, no payments accepted today
9 - (Friday) Drops/Withdrawals from school must be completed by close of business to receive 100 percent refund less $15 matriculation fee. Residence halls open today at 9 a.m. Cafeteria opens today at Noon.
12 - (Mon) First class day (70 percent refunds begin)
12-13 - (Mon-Tues) Schedule changes can be made (8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.)
16 - (Fri) Last day to set up installment plan for housing. Campus closes today at 3 p.m.
19 - (Mon) Campus closed -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
20 - (Tues) $50 late fee begins
28 - 12th Class Day
3-9 - (Tues-Mon) 25 percent refund for dropped courses or withdrawal from school
9 - (Mon) 20th Class Day
23 - (Mon) Refund, scholarship and Pell balance checks available beginning today in Cashier's Office
27 - (Fri) Student Services staff planning day
MARCH 2009
1 - (Sun) Deadline for Spring Graduation applications
8 - (Sun) Daylight Savings Time -- Set clock one hour forward
13 - (Fri) Campus closes at 3 p.m. for Spring Break. Refunds, scholarships and Pell balance checks not picked up by today will be mailed.
16-20 - (Mon-Fri) Spring Break
APRIL 2009
1 - (Wed) Deadline - 1st scholarship consideration
9 - (Thurs) Last day to withdraw from enrollment or drop with a "W"
10 - (Fri) Campus closed -- Good Friday
13 - (Mon) Early Registration for summer/fall begins for current/returning students
20 - (Mon) Early Registration for summer/fall begins for new students
MAY 2009
4-7 - (Sat-Fri) Final Exams
8 - (Fri) Graduation at 5:30 p.m. for AAS and Certificate of Completion.
Graduation at 8 p.m. for AA, AS, AAT recipients. Cafeteria closes today at 1:15 and residence halls close at 2 p.m.
11 - (Mon) Grades due in Office of Records of Admissions by 10 a.m.
12 - (Tues) Grades available at Click on the "Campus Connect" link. GRADES WILL NOT BE MAILED.

Most Frequent asked Questions:

Q) When is Spring Registration for all students?

A) Early Registration:

• Current students: Nov. 10 - Dec. 4
• New Students: Nov. 17 - Dec. 4
• Web registration and payment close at midnight on Dec. 6
• Early Registration payment deadline: Thursday, Dec. 4 -- Classes not paid by Midnight will be dropped. Because processing times vary, please begin web installment payment contracts before 11 p.m.
• Web registration Continues: Dec. 6 - Jan. 7, 2009
• On campus Registration: Jan. 6-7, 2009
• Web registration and payment close at midnight Jan. 7, 2009

Back To Top

Q) I need a Spring '09 Course Schedule. Where do I get one?

A) Printed spring schedules are available at campus locations in Kilgore and Longview. You can check our online searchable schedule or download the Spring '09 Course Schedule from our Web site(in a pdf). Look on the "Catalog & Schedules" tab on our navigation system.

Back To Top

Q) I am a new student to Kilgore College. What do I do?

A) To enroll at Kilgore College, we need a completed admissions application, your high school transcript or GED, and test scores. If you are transferring from another college we need your college transcripts. (H.S. transcript not needed). The state of Texas requires THEA scores for community college enrollment, but you may be THEA exempt by your scores on TAAS, ACT, TAKS or SAT tests. The Kilgore College Application for Admission is online and is free. Click here to go to the Application Web page.

First-time college students must register in person after their admission file is complete (Can register first time without transcript). Transfer students who have submitted documentation of test scores or exemption from testing and have no developmental requirements may Web register.

NOTE:Transcripts should be on file prior to first-time enrollment, but all required transcripts must be received before the next registration period or enrollment will be blocked. Transcripts should be sent from institution to institution. Hand-carried transcripts may not be considered official.

Back To Top

Q) I am a returning student and was enrolled in the Fall 2008 semester. I have no developmental requirements. What do I do?

A) Register online through Campus Connect. This is located under the "Current & Former Students" navigational tab.

Back To Top

Q) I am a returning student with developmental requirements. What do I do?

A) Please make an appointment to register with Academic Counseling. Call (903) 983-8206 for an appointment at the Kilgore campus or (903) 753-2642 for an appointment at KC—Longview. Students must take at least one class in Longview to register there.

Back To Top

Q) I am a former student who was not enrolled in Fall 2008. What do I do?

A) Submit a Student Status Update and all transfer work since last attendance. If you have no developmental requirements, you will be cleared to register online. Students with developmental requirements must register with a counselor. Students who attended before 1986 must submit a new application for admission.

Back To Top

Q) I have to register in person. Do I do it in Longview or Kilgore?

A) It depends where the courses are taught. If any of your courses will be at KC—Longview, you may register there. The following programs are offered only in Longview and you should register at KC—Longview:

• Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
• Cosmetology
• Court Reporting
• Diesel Technology
• Emergency Medical Technology
• Office Professional
• Vocational Nursing
• For all other programs and courses you should register in Kilgore.

Back To Top

Q) When do I pay for registration?

A) Students who early register must pay by midnight on December 4. Students who register after that date must pay by midnight on January 7, 2009. Because processing times vary, please begin web installment payment contracts before 11 p.m. on payment deadline dates. Failure to meet payment deadlines will result in classes being dropped. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. Tuition and Fees-Spring 09 can be found under the "New & Transfer Students" navigational tab.

Back To Top

Q) I have additional questions. Who do I call/where can I go?

A) We’re here to help! Call the Office of Admissions at (903) 983-8209 or stop by the Admissions Office in the second floor of the Devall Student Center on the Kilgore campus. We will be happy to answer your questions or direct you to the appropriate office or you can e-mail:

Back To Top


» Contact Information

Office of Admissions and Recruitment Services
1100 Broadway
Kilgore, TX 75662
Phone: (903) 983-8606
Fax: (903) 983-8607

On campus location:
Devall Student Center, 2nd floor

Office Hours
Monday-Thursday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.*
Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. *

All KC offices close at 3:00 p.m. on the last business day before major holidays/breaks.

registration09 11/05/08 v1

Kilgore Campus: 1100 Broadway, (903) 984-8531 KC–Longview Campus: 300 S. High, (903) 753-2642
Copyrights by Kilgore College, 2000 - 2014  Kilgore College, 1100 Broadway, Kilgore, Texas 75662-3204 | 903-984-8531
If you experience any problems with this page, please contact our webmaster.
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, please click here.

powered by Inhouse