New Student Orientation
Who should come to Orientation?
Orientation is required for all first time college students in order to register for classes. This applies to all students who have not earned college credits prior to the Fall 2011 session.
1. Must be a high school graduate with a final transcript at registrar’s office
2. Must have the meningitis shot record on file at the registrar’s office
3. Must have Accuplacer or THEA test scores on file in the registrar’s office
I have applied but don't have a student ID yet. What do I do?
If you have applied to Kilgore College, but have not received an acceptance letter in the mail with your Student ID number, visit Campus Connect and get your ID number there. Follow the instructions on the left-hand side of Campus Connect. Once you receive your Student ID, visit this page again and register for either On-Campus Orientation or Online Orientation.
Why come to Orientation?
Because you will:
- Meet other students
- Find out about campus life and activities
- Meet with an advisor
- Register early for Fall semester
- Be ready to be a college student
- Get a chance to win door prizes and scholarships
- And have fun while you do it!
When can you come
to Orientation and what is the schedule?
On campus orientations are regularly scheduled throughout the year.
- Check in time is 7:30 a.m., in the Devall Student Center Ballroom. It should conclude around 3 p.m.
- Students can attend before high school graduation as long as you bring a copy of your transcript that includes test scores and mail the final transcript after graduation.
- Will need your Accuplacer or THEA test scores
- Must have your Meningitis shot records on file at the Registrar’s Office, or bring a copy with you on Orientation day.
What about Online Orientation?
Anyone who is interested in finding out the Kilgore College information that we give at New Student Orientation is welcome to go through the online version. If you are REQUIRED to attend New Student Orientation in order to early register, you can complete the required New student Orientation online with approval from the Student Success office. You will find the instructions in the early pages of the online session.
- Fee for May orientations: $30
- Fee for June-July orientations: $40
- Fee for August orientations: $50
What about family members?
Please feel free to bring
your parents or adult family members. Cost is $6 per family member for a meal and materials.
What else do you need to know about Orientation?
you are TASP/THEA exempt, TASP/THEA or alternative test scores must
be received at Kilgore College before a student can be advised or
registered for classes. If you are exempt because of TAAS/TAKS scores,
you should check with our counseling office at 903-983-8206 or the
Student Success Office At 903-988-7537. You will need other scores
to be eligible to enroll in certain college level math courses. There
are plenty of testing dates scheduled so that students who are coming
to Orientation can take their test ahead of time.
Testing available for Orientation!
The Kilgore College Testing Office offers placement testing regularly
and often. Please see contact information by selecting Testing Department on the drop-down menu on the home page or call (903) 983-8215 or (903) 983-8690
for specific testing procedures and dates. Or click here for more information.
Student Success Learning Specialist
Phone: (903) 988-7491
Location: Student Support (SS)
Administrative Assistant, Student Support
Phone: (903) 988-7537
Location: Student Support (SS)