Nurse Assistant (Aide)
Nurse Aides are a valuable part of the heathcare team. Working under the supervision of a nurse, the nurse aide provides direct patient care. After taking the nurse aide course, the student is eligible to take the State of Texas certification exam in order to become a CNA (Certified Nurse Aide).
1st Step—Get Started
You must obtain your criminal history background check on your own. There are now 3 options to choose from:
- This option has immediate results and will state “no matches found” if you do not have a criminal history. Visit website: www.txdps.state.tx.us approximate cost: $3.58. You must be able to print this report and bring a copy to KC Longview. If you need help accessing your criminal history check online contact online support 1-800-835-4929
- This option takes 2 to 3 business days to complete, www.certifiedbackground.com; place order; Package code is IL30 $40 (For certified background recheck’s use IL30r for a reduced fee)
- This option take 5 to 7 business days to complete, In person at DATCS at 450 E. Loop 281, Longview, TX 75605, $30, phone: 903-500-2770
Once your background check is completed you are eligible to come to the KC”Longview campus to register and pay for the next available class. Your background check results are only good for 3 months.
- Tuition: $199 (due at sign up)
- Insurance: $15 (due at sign up)
- Textbook and Syllabus: $40 (approximately)
- White Uniform, white shoes, and a blue KC-Longview student apron will be explained on your 1st class day by the instructor (wear street clothes to class).
- Day Classes - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (Clinicals begin @ 6:45 a.m).
- Evening Classes - 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday (Clinicals @ 4 p.m.).
Successful completers are eligible to register and pay for the state certification exam at KC-Longview. Fee is $93 (We accept cash, credit card, money order and cashier’s check only). A valid photo ID and a Social Security Card are required to register. Testing with KC-Longview is limited to no longer than one year post completion date.
Day Class Dates:
- March 18 to April 9, 2013
- April 15 to May 7, 2013
- May 13 to June 5, 2013
- June 10 to July 2, 2013
- July 8 to July 30, 2013
- Aug. 5 to Sept. 4, 2013
Evening Class Dates:
- May 6 to June 6, 2013
- June 10 to July 11, 2013
- July 15 to August 15, 2013
- Day Classes - 8 to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday (Clinicals begin @ 6:45 a.m.).
- Evening Classes: 4 to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday (Clinicals @ 4 p.m.)
Tuition Refund Information
- 100% Refund if withdrawn prior to 1st class day (minus $15 matriculation fee)
- 70% Refund if withdrawn by the end of the 2nd day of class (minus $15 matriculation fee)
Nurse Aide Registry: 512-438-2050 or 1-800-452-3934
Kilgore College - Longview
300 S. High, Longview, TX 75601
Phone: (903) 753-2642
|Kilgore Campus: 1100 Broadway, (903) 984-8531
||KC–Longview Campus: 300 S. High, (903) 753-2642
Copyrights by Kilgore College, 2000 - 2013 Kilgore College, 1100 Broadway, Kilgore, Texas 75662-3204 | 903-984-8531
If you experience any problems with this page, please contact our webmaster
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, please click here