It is mandatory that all students and staff on the Kilgore College campuses obtain and carry a Ranger ID Card.
You’ll use your Ranger Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. You’ll need it to:
- Receive financial aid disbursements
- Receive book buyback credits
- Purchase food through your meal plan
- Check out books from the library
- Attend athletic events
- Receive student discounts from participating merchants
Kilgore College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Ranger Card. The Ranger Card is a MasterCard Debit Student ID which allows you free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.
A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:
- No monthly service fee
- Easy access to free Herring Bank ATMs on and around campus
- Free access to online banking – check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access. www.rangercard.com
- Get paid faster – when you request direct deposit of your financial aid and/or direct deposit of your paycheck
Visit the Ranger Card office (KCPD) to get your Ranger Card. Use your new Ranger Card, your official student ID, for all of your on-campus needs and to access your Herring Bank checking account.
Access your account online: www.rangercard.com
For information on how to obtain your Ranger Card:
Call the Ranger Card office at (903) 983-8650 or visit the Ranger Card office in the Kilgore College Police Department (KCPD) office on either the Kilgore or Longview campus (Office hours in Kilgore are Monday - Thursday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and the Longview hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Contact Herring Bank at 1-866-348-3435. You will also need to go to the Ranger Card office (KCPD) for a new card.
Ranger MasterCard Debit Fees
- Monthly fee: Free
- Cash Withdrawal: Free at Herring Bank ATM
- Merchandise Purchase: Signature Free
- Merchandise Purchase: PIN Free
- Balance Inquiry at Herring Bank ATM: Free
- Withdrawal at Non-Herring Bank ATM: $1.50
- Balance Inquiry at Non-Herring Bank ATM: $1
Parents and/or students can transfer funds from an existing bank account using our ONLINE DEPOSITS web page (www.rangercard.com)
In-Person – Herring Bank Branch:
You can make a deposit to your Ranger Card at any Herring Bank branch. Present your ID card when making a deposit to identify yourself as a Ranger Card holder.
In-Person – MoneyGram:
Present your Ranger Card at any MoneyGram location and provide receive code 5023.
Payroll Direct Deposit:
Present your routing and account numbers to your employer. Your routing number is 111302846. You can obtain your account number by calling 1-866-348-3435.
Guidelines for Handling Your ID Card
Your Ranger Card is a fully functional debit card. It should be treated like any other debit/credit card.
Please adhere to the following:
- Do not expose to direct sunlight
- Do not expose to extreme heat or open flame
- Do not expose to chemicals
- Do not machine wash
- Do not crimp, bend or twist card
- Do not re-laminate
- Do not immerse in liquids of any kind
- Do not puncture
- Do not hole-punch
If you damage your ID card, you do so at your own risk. If damaged, you will have to pay the replacement fee to have another ID card produced.
Financial Aid Disbursements
Your Ranger Card account will be the default account for all Kilgore College student disbursements. If you would like to designate a different account for your direct deposits, you may do so through Campus Connect
Some merchants may provide a student discount to all Ranger Cardholders. If you are a merchant and would like to offer a discount to Ranger Cardholders, please contact the Ranger Card office at 903-983-8181 and ask for Chris Craddock.
If your card is lost or stolen
If you have lost your card, contact the Customer Service Center immediately at 1-866-348-3435 to prevent theft of the funds in your account. The sooner you report a lost or stolen card, the less chance there is of losing your funds. ID card accounts are FDIC insured, so your losses are limited. You will also need to go to the Ranger Card office for a new card. The fee for the first replacement card is $15.
Library Card Info
Your Ranger Card has a barcode for library use. Make sure you present your Ranger Card at the library.